• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

In Doctor Strange: The Oath. I never read, but that's what Wikipedia says. Unsure if its in the first issue or not.

Since Night Nurse #1 is a little outside the casual spec price range, it seems that the Oath might be the way to go, especially if the character is in the DS movie.

Okay, it's been a couple of weeks now, so I'm giving up on reorders hitting the shelf. Who grabbed all of the copies of Rivers of London? I've been reading the book series and wasn't aware a comic series was in the works. I can't imagine that the upcoming television series should have too much impact on the comics since the characters first appeared in books. Any thoughts?

Depends how the TV show adaptation goes. Never say never as I heard this argument made 2 years ago about The Strain. That project was frst pushed for TV by Del Toro when that didn't happen he co-wrote the trilogy of books and then the comic book series and following series hit the shelves long before the TV show aired. People still want to buy them as long as the show is a hit. 2c

Yes, but prices are weak for the Strain books imo.

They all can't be WD levels now can they?

No, which is why I mostly stick to SA/Ba stuff, I can't keep up with moderns lol

In Doctor Strange: The Oath. I never read, but that's what Wikipedia says. Unsure if its in the first issue or not.

Since Night Nurse #1 is a little outside the casual spec price range, it seems that the Oath might be the way to go, especially if the character is in the DS movie.

Night Nurse #1 is a great spec book if you can even find one above VG condition. Low print, low distro, bronze age cult favorite. Has so much going for it

Night Nurse 1 will be the book and its a nightmare to find in even VG.

Whoever has a slabbed high grade should cash out. its going to sky rocket.

There are 3 Night Nurse 1s listed on eBay right now. Hard to find or hard to find for a decent price? hm

Wouldn't her first App Linda Carter Student Nurse #1 be the book to get. Night Nurse was just a mini series and they changed her title from Student Nurse to Night Nurse. The character of Linda Carter appears before that mini series. Also a harder book to find. There are zero on Ebay now. Again not sure the collectibility of the book with most super hero fans. Not sure of any collector fans of mine that care about Night Nurse other then its kind of rare I guess. But there are always copies for sale. But the prices are always high . Way too high for a non superhero book thats not a actual first App in my opinion.

I guess if she goes by Night Nurse ever in the movie, then it would be like the first appearance of Carol Dancers vs first appearance of Ms. Marvel. Of course it would be nice to have either firsts ;)

Am I the only one who thinks that the prices for The Oath might go up as she is actually interacting with Doc Strange? In the older titles it seems like there weren't superheroes.

Just the one Greg Land Variant for what looks like a 2.0 to maybe a 3.0 Avengers #1 ill post a pic from my phone sorry if it turns out sideways, not too good with the image uploading on my android.

9k5svn.jpg[/img]

Congrats on one of the best trades ever!

So WTF happened to Transformers #1 CGC 9.8? I bought my copy 4 years ago for $250 (sold it about a year later) now people are asking over $900? What am I missing?

Jerome

Nothing. They are just asking. Pretty sure they are not selling any where near that.

So WTF happened to Transformers #1 CGC 9.8? I bought my copy 4 years ago for $250 (sold it about a year later) now people are asking over $900? What am I missing?

Jerome

Nothing. They are just asking. Pretty sure they are not selling any where near that.

Agreed. GPA is $312 for 90 days, $292 for a year and the last sale is $300 (I bought it). Everyone needs to stop comparing asking prices to realized sales.

Jerome

Agreed. GPA is $312 for 90 days, $292 for a year and the last sale is $300 (I bought it). Everyone needs to stop comparing asking prices to realized sales.

I've got my cgc ss away for press and grade, sooooo, I think $900 seems like a reasonable asking price.

night nurse 1 has been one of these weird cult books for a long time so i think dealers are not too likely to have it in a dollar box.

with that said, i have found the other issues cheap, sure, none in NM, more like mid-grade F/VF, but for a weird title those are in the guide for over $100 in NM-.

night nurse 1 has been one of these weird cult books for a long time so i think dealers are not too likely to have it in a dollar box.

with that said, i have found the other issues cheap, sure, none in NM, more like mid-grade F/VF, but for a weird title those are in the guide for over $100 in NM-.

White pages are unknown in NN #1, and if a 9.8 appears for sale, I would expect it to go for $1000. And, for a 9.8 w white pages, I would pay it.

Jerome

No, thats a good point. I should've looked at the sold listings, people can ask whatever they want. Glad to hear the GPA is $300. Thanks guys!

Jerome

Does anyone know whats the deal with JLA#1 (1st print) combo packs?

Was there a "retailer edition" as well as a regular one???

Here's a listing for a normal JLA #1 combo 1st print

And here's one with a special thank you letter from Diane Nelson

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUSTICE-LEAGUE-1-NEW-52-NM-COMBO-PACK-VARIANT-FIRST-PRINT-SEALED-/321732786248?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae8c4b848

The special note also states "This free commemorative issue also comes with a digital download code..."

Were there a few of these that were given away to retailers?

That has to be a store. I guess they opened them all and are selling the sketches on eBay and selling the regulars on the shelf unbagged.

I opened 10, all regular.

The O Malley should have legs when people see the cover.

I opened three myself-- regular, of course.

I also bought out the O'Malley. Going for $9.99-$14.99 on the bay.