• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

Classic X-Men 39 Cover art by Steve Lightle.

Anyone know where it is?

Classic_X-Men_Vol_1_39.jpg

Check with Gary Land he may know. He had it for sale on CAF for quite a long time a few years back for $3,500 and eventually sold it. I had considered picking it up back then.

Since we're on the topic of Classic X-Men covers, I don't suppose anyone has any idea where this Byrne cover to issue #43 is hiding? I probably couldn't afford it either way, but I'd still be interested to know if it's out there.

14kel8o.jpg

SInce IDW and Brent Anderson is trying to get scans from God Loves Man Kills to put out an AE book. I thought I would do a shout out for three of the pages I am looking for from the book (trying to complete a sequence).

God-Loves-Man-Kills_Pg59.jpg

God-Loves-Man-Kills_Pg60.jpg

God-Loves-Man-Kills_Pg62.jpg

I'll take a shot and see if anyone can help me track down a piece I've been after for years.

Bill Sienkiewicz's painted cover to the WONDER MAN one-shot from 1986. I love Bill's work from this era & Wondy is one of my all-time favorite Avengers, so this piece is jam-packed with awesome for me.

Bill told me he sold it years ago, and doesn't remember to who - anyone ever seen it? I'd obviously be interested in buying it, but would be happy to know its even out there.

894080081fae39a0f0bf73946281ee79.jpg

894080081fae39a0f0bf73946281ee79.jpg

I hope this works out for you, had several of Bill's 1980s watercolor covers in my collection. All are gone now. They are nice but can suffer from serious fading if not cared for correctly. Unfortunately they do not fade evenly so that adds to the ugly. Just warning you!

I never though to try this, but heck why not. (shrug)

Has anyone seen original art pages by Bob Morallo (sp) from "Born of Ancient Wisdom" in Eerie #121 and also pages from 123?

Most of the "better" pages from these stories were lost by me (not necessarily stolen) decades ago and I've never seen nor heard of them since.

On a lark, if anyone knows of the whereabouts of any of these story pages I would be out of my mind with appreciation if you would let me know.

The cover:

Eerie_121.jpg

Sample splash page:

IMG_2110_zps6335c19f.jpg

Along the lines of missing/stolen, has anyone seen the complete interior artwork to G.I. Joe Special Missions #5? Herb Trimpe had realized a few years ago that this book was missing after he took it to a New York show. If it was purchased legitimately, I'd love to clear it up.

But, otherwise, I'd still like to return it to Patricia (Herb's widow) so that she can do with it as she sees fit.

Sample pages of the published comic book can be seen here.

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=141519

Always looking for the Kent Burles double splash to Adventurers #0

KentBurles.jpg

OT but also immensely grateful if by the remotest chance somewhere had any info on contra 3. Finder's fee paid for any info leading to a deal.

contra3poster.jpg

I'm generally not picky when looking for PREACHER pages, but I'd really like to get this sequence. A couple of the scariest pages in the series.

I had these pages once upon a time...they were a throw-in on a trade! :banana:

And sad to say, I threw them right back into another trade! doh!

It's been years, and I don't remember who got them...if it comes to me, I'll let you know.