• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Here a later issue with a well drawn Bugs! Happy Birthday Bugs!!

Bugs%20Bunny%2023%20Australian%20ed._zpszzfznerh.jpg

Very cool books. :applause:

I think this is the first time I've ever seen an Australian Bugs Bunny comic.

hm Why is Elmer wearing Bugs' gloves? Why does Bugs have red gloves?

Weighty matters indeed . . .

Very cool books. :applause:

I think this is the first time I've ever seen an Australian Bugs Bunny comic.

darn foreign colorists

Here is the same page as it originally appeared in Bugs Bunny #33.

BugsBunny33.jpg

lollol at Duffman and Ciorac

Thanks BangZoom for bringing order to things. I figured the covers on the later issues that feature ' panel page' covers were reprints from U.S. Edition interiors. The ones I looked for that a obtained, I haven't matched yet, or don't have the U.S. Issue.

I'll post more of the 'original' Australian cover editions soon. The Porky bondage/barber cover is the only one I've done so far.

Edited by Sagii

I think I saw that Bugs Bunny coloring book for sale at the flea market today. Is your wife selling your collection without telling you? :devil:

:o

lol Actually, in reality she's always on the lookout for things I might like.

For example, here is a pair of bookends she found recently at a flea market.

bookends.jpg

I was at Barnes & Noble today and found this neat coloring book.

comiccoloringbook.jpg

The book features approximately 126 1940's and 1950's comic covers suitable for coloring.

It looks like lots of fun.

comiccoloringbook2.jpg

comiccoloringbook3.jpg

There have been lots of interesting developments on the political scene recently.

This is one one of the most surprising ones...

berniesaunders.jpg

Presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders' campaign manager is Jeff Weaver, owner of a comic shop in Falls Church, Virginia.

Meet the Comic Book King Running Bernie Sanders' Campaign

Of special note, Weaver is the co-discoverer of the Lost Valley Pedigree Collection.

There have been lots of interesting developments on the political scene recently.

berniesaunders.jpg

Bernie Saunders campaign manager is Jeff Weaver, owner of a comic shop in Falls Church, Virginia.

Of special note, Weaver is the co-discoverer of the Lost Valley Pedigree Collection.

Fascinating - I remember when the Lost Valley books first came out, and Jeff and his partner in the pedigree (Al Stolz) talking about it. So exciting to see early books like that in such nice shape.

Small world.

Hi Everyone, This is Mrs. BZ. I'm writing to let you know that my husband won't be able to post here for awhile since he suffered a stroke early Thursday morning and is in the hospital. They've also found an abnormality in his heart which may have caused the blood clot in his brain. So far, his speech and motor skills are fine but he's lost most of the vision in one eye, his memory is impaired and his heart condition needs to be treated. The doctors are trying to dissolve the blood clot and they'll know more about his heart when he undergoes additional tests on Monday. This is a scary time for us and our 12-year-old daughter, but we're hoping for the best as we travel down the long road to his recovery. I know how much he has enjoyed his friendship with you over the years since he started this thread and hope you'll keep him in your thoughts.

berniesaunders.jpg

Presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders' campaign manager is Jeff Weaver, owner of a comic shop in Falls Church, Virginia.

I think this thread deserves a bump to stay on page 1. Especially since BZ's more recent post on the thread is really interesting.

Edited by sfcityduck