• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman adventures Mad Love printings....(It's Harley related!!!)

12 posts in this topic

So, the regular version that wasn't the prestige format is a 1st print...Then you have the prestige version...According to the CGC label the Prestige and the regular format are both listed as being released 2/94. Then there are also 2nd and 3rd prints of the prestige format? I opened up a copy of the prestige format and there was no mention of it being a later print. Then you have the census. It lists three different printings of the prestige version. If you look at MCS's database they only have listings for the regular version, and then the 1st prestige version is listed as a second print. The second prestige listing is 3rd print... Is this just their mistake?

Does anyone remember if there are actually 1st,2nd, and 3rd prints for the prestige? Is every prestige version considered a later print when compared to the regular version? It seems to me like they came out at the same time...

Basically I think there is a regular, PF, and 2nd and 3rd prints of the PF. The census shows that. I'm just looking for someone that maybe has a PF, and also a PF that says 2nd, and a PF that says 3rd. That seems to be what the census is indicating...I remember the book coming out, but it seemed like the regular version and the PF were out around the same time. I could just be remembering things wrong; it's been a while :P

Basically I think there is a regular, PF, and 2nd and 3rd prints of the PF. The census shows that. I'm just looking for someone that maybe has a PF, and also a PF that says 2nd, and a PF that says 3rd. That seems to be what the census is indicating...I remember the book coming out, but it seemed like the regular version and the PF were out around the same time. I could just be remembering things wrong; it's been a while :P

I think you are mistaken.

The reason the first printing and the first printing (prestige format) have the same date is because they are the same book.

BATMAN ADVENTURES: MAD LOVE had only 1 printing as a regular comic book, but it had 3 different printings as a Prestige Format book.

The different printings for the Prestige Format are distinguished in the indicia, but can also be determined by looking at the back cover- specifically the last digit in the UPC code.

1st print:

$_57.JPG

2nd print:

$_57.JPG

3rd print:

$_57.JPG

I'm not sure what you mean with "figure out", but I can tell you this:

On December 14th, 1993, DC released "Mad Love" as a comic book with staples. Cover price $ 3,95

On July 11th, 1995, DC released "Mad Love" as a prestige format book - as first printing (see bar code) with a new cover. Cover price $ 4,95

Later printings: I have the second printing of the prestige book. Are there other later printings ? I don't know.

Bye,

Archi

5 hours ago, archivist said:

I'm not sure what you mean with "figure out", but I can tell you this:

On December 14th, 1993, DC released "Mad Love" as a comic book with staples. Cover price $ 3,95

On July 11th, 1995, DC released "Mad Love" as a prestige format book - as first printing (see bar code) with a new cover. Cover price $ 4,95

Later printings: I have the second printing of the prestige book. Are there other later printings ? I don't know.

Bye,

Archi

That's what I wanted to know. So the prestige with the different cover was much later.

Gracias