• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

That's a great story. I hope he gets his price if he plans on selling the book. I wish you took a pic of it. Would love to see the book and the white pages.

Geez, yeah.... I always forget to take pics. Sorry. I Did have a great time giving him the news, his eyes got really wide.

And I liked seeing a nice AF15 that I knew was 100% unrestored. So many I see have tape or color touch.

If he decides to sell to me you'll see it. I told my daughter to sweet talk him (he apparently has a crush on my daughter).

Edited by gadzukes

That's a great story. I hope he gets his price if he plans on selling the book. I wish you took a pic of it. Would love to see the book and the white pages.

Geez, yeah.... I always forget to take pics. Sorry. I Did have a great time giving him the news, his eyes got really wide.

And I liked seeing a nice AF15 that I knew was 100% unrestored. So many I see have tape or color touch.

If he decides to sell to me you'll see it. I told my daughter to sweet talk him (he apparently has a crush on my daughter).

cool use your daughter to sweet talk him :devil: you must be good friends if you're not getting a shot gun ready ;)

Edited by uchiha101

cool use your daughter to sweet talk him :devil: you must be good friends if you're not getting a shot gun ready ;)

Make him a deal that he can only date your daughter if he sells you the AF 15 :insane:

I'm on vacation in MN visiting family.

Had dinner with my daughter last night and she mentioned she has a friend who has an AF15 and wants to know what it's worth. I'm thinking "Yeah, right... probably a reprint or seriously chewed up copy." I also thought in this day of ebay, internet, and price guides surely this guy must have a good idea of value.

So I met the guy in the lobby of my hotel last night and he pulls out a seriously nice copy of AF15. I'm guessing conservatively 4.5 but more likely 5.5. It was sweet. No marvel chipping. Bright colors. White pages. wow.

It was his uncles. When he died my daughter's friend and his mom were cleaning his house out, organizing boxes for Goodwill. He saw a small box with comics, recognized the cover of this one & knew it was something special so he pulled it out and put it away for 15 years until recent weeks when my daughter told him I was going to visit and he should show it to me.

I asked him if he ever tried to sell it and he said last week a dealer offered him $1500 for it (gulp).

It was fun to watch his eyes go wide when I told him to "add a zero". I offered him $12,000 but he said he needed to process what I told him. Smart young man!

The guy is definitely smart. I can see some unknowing person agree to the $1500 offer. lol

Make him a deal that he can only date your daughter if he sells you the AF 15 :insane:

It's been a week so I figured this AF15 deal was a bust, BUT....

I got a call from the AF15 owner tonight. My daughter & him went to dinner tonight and she talked him into selling to me. Ha ha (of course my daughter wants a finders fee now).

So I'm flying up to Minneapolis on Monday (using a free flight) to buy it. He agreed to my price of $12,000 and is ecstatic. So am I.

I'll try to post a pic on Monday. It's a sweet looking Af15, I think you'll like it.

Edited by gadzukes

I got a call from the AF15 owner tonight. My daughter & him went to dinner tonight and she talked him into selling to me. Ha ha (of course my daughter wants a finders fee now).

So I'm flying up to Minneapolis on Monday (using a free flight) to buy it. He agreed to my price of $12,000 and is ecstatic. So am I.

I'll try to post a pic on Monday. It's a sweet looking Af15, I think you'll like it.

Nothing like pimping your daughter to influence a situation. lol

Awesome update ! Congrats ! Cant wait to see a pic.

IF I end up having children....and

IF I end up having a daughter......and

IF she ends up looking more like my wife than me......I think I could pull this off too......

I hope the transaction doesn't end with him asking if he can call you "Dad".

Just kidding....great story and looking forward to the pics.

I guess I shouldn't get too excited until it's in my hands. But we had a verbal handshake over the phone, and I let him know I bought my airplane tickets, so everything looks good.

I'll try to post photos Monday night. I'll want to know what kind of grade you guys think it could get. I'm thinking 4.5-5.5 (hoping for the high side of those numbers)

Edited by gadzukes

I guess I shouldn't get too excited until it's in my hands. But we had a verbal handshake over the phone, and I let him know I bought my airplane tickets, so everything looks good.

I'll try to post photos Monday night. I'll want to know what kind of grade you guys think it could get. I'm thinking 4.5-5.5 (hoping for the high side of those numbers)

Definitely carry on luggage right there!