• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

The first Blackwing is a nice one. Never new why that character didn't take off.

I have a nice raw copy. I've see nice copies of it at conventions. I don't think I ever see it graded.

I definitely think I might be grading that one myself. Hopefully I'll see on at Boston.

I'm 5 books away from a run from 1-77, but I stalled out ages ago and haven't picked up anything new lately. Working on up to 200-something, not sure where yet.

Which five? I'm always curious about what books people are missing.

I'm probably going to start looking at the books from 158-200 now. I've been waiting, since I wanted to finish the pre-Miller run first, but there's not much buying opportunity so I might as well work on the Miller stuff. I want to do that, finish Born Again and then figure out if I want to complete 200-300. If I did that I'd probably just end up buying runs and submitting them myself, because waiting for those books to show up at auction or for sale would take forever.

For that part of the run I need 3, 4, 8, 24 and 29. Those are mostly out of circumstance and funds, I'm not aiming to complete a HG set just the best for my money. Single digit issues I have are lower grade (but with nice eye appeal) and as the series progresses I get more particular about what's acceptable. Past 77 I need about another 50 going up to somewhere around 220-240.

I have 6 books left to go for my 1-157 run.

Trying to have fun with it and really trying to not make it a MUST COMPLETE NOW thing.

Which is pretty fricken hard for me personally! To just hang-ten and wait for them to surface on the net, be patient for a couple of my subs to grade out and wait nonchalantly for the Chi-Town Con. This is a pretty damnn special and coveted set to me - like most most of us I presume. Long Live Daredevil!! :headbang:

Edited by icculus308win

:o

I don't know. I asked the mods to lock the old one that I created. NOT that one. doh!

Club threads are starting to feel :boo: to me.

I hit the notify button on the last post asking that it be unlocked. :wishluck:

Honestly...I'm worried. :shy:

I'm worried they're going to pull a Spider-Man #3 and try to jam as much in and it waters down character/plot development. Punisher. Elektra. Gladiator. Bullseye? Kingpin?

If it was only going to be Elektra and Bullseye - :banana: but having too many characters that need air time to development raises concerns for me. I hope it's awesome and I'll absolutely be watching the first minute it's released, but too much of a good thing isn't always a good thing.

Honestly...I'm worried. :shy:

I'm worried they're going to pull a Spider-Man #3 and try to jam as much in and it waters down character/plot development. Punisher. Elektra. Gladiator. Bullseye? Kingpin?

If it was only going to be Elektra and Bullseye - :banana: but having too many characters that need air time to development raises concerns for me. I hope it's awesome and I'll absolutely be watching the first minute it's released, but too much of a good thing isn't always a good thing.

I haven't heard any confirmation about Bullseye or even who they've casted. Think about the characters they're replacing from season 1 though.

Gladiator and Kingpin were both in season 1.

Punisher and Elektra will be replacing two characters who got a lot of screen time and development.

Wesley and Ben

Killing off Ben was stupid. Wesley was more of a supporting character though and attached to the Kingpin.

Gladiator's role in Season 1 was very minimal. If he is in costume for Season 2 it will be cool, but would require more build up. Then you mix in Punisher AND the Elektra which clearly won't be supporting characters and :eek:

I know I'm just being a party pooper, but I kind of wish they would have left the Punisher for Season 3 or a very brief cameo and focused on Elektra and/or Bullseye. It feels like they're squeezing too much in. I hope I'm completely wrong and it all works out great. I just know that Spider-Man 1 was great with just the (albeit terrible) Green Goblin. Spider-Man 2 was excellent with Doctor Octopus. Then Spider-Man 3 :sick:

That's all I'm worried about. Either way, there's no doubt it will be entertaining. I just hope they give the characters the treatment they deserve and don't rush things to fit it all in. :popcorn:

I think the writers will do a good job just like they did with the first season. You have to trust them to a certain extent. While Gladiator was in season one-- it was really just the origin of him if anything-- he isn't even fully fleshed out.

Bottom line is good writing can accommodate a lot of characters-- just look at how well they did with The Flash so far-- and with many more characters being thrown into the mix.

-- not that this is really a spoiler-- more like random guessing---

I can see them bringing the various characters in using multiple story lines that occasionally merge--as we often saw in the first season. With as slow as the pacing of this show was from the start compared to The Flash, I can see them bringing things to a nice steady boil by seasons end. It isn't like adding Elektra and the Punisher won't begin and end in the same season (though Elektra might- hope not). It seems like you cannot have the Miller influence without all three (E,P,B) though. But as I recall the Punisher got involved after Bullseye killed Elektra.

I have faith.

Justin I think the writing and casting was/is so well done - that season deuce CANNOT be like Spidey 3. They are better than that. They have to be aware that crahp can be an Achilles heal to superhero flicks.

But, I totally hear you and feel your angst my man. Stay positive!!

I wouldn't worry, Justin.

When you consider how much time was spent in season 1 to develop the various mobs, especially the Russians, it showed that their ability to multitask character development is a strength. I would be worried if they didn't have a large ensemble of new characters. Ulrich's gone, so is the owl, the remaining mobs will probably amount to little more than Punisher fodder, and the central characters have already been established and introduced. That leaves a lot of hours to fill.

With Matt now in the suit, there's bound to be a natural progression to adding the "super" in the villains he faces. This will not be Spider-Man 3.