• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Good Lord! This is BvS News Day.

Callan Mulvey Reportedly Cast As KGBeast In Batman V. Superman

We already knew that classic DC Comics villain KGBeast would appear in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, but it finally looks we can identify the actor providing that thick Russian accent.

New reports suggest that actor Callan Mulvey will play KGBeast in Warner Bros.’ upcoming film. But Mulvey’s KG Beast wouldn’t be the same spandexed super-killer that he is in the comics. Instead, Mulvey would merely play Beast’s alter ego, Anatoli Knyazev, as Lex Luthor’s loyal muscle. According to Heroic Hollywood, Knyazev would keep tabs on the DC Universe’s various metahumans and feed information back to Luthor.

kgbeast-146019.jpg

"classic DC Comics villain KGBeast" - never heard of him.

Read Batman #417-420 to start, with storyline from Jim Starlin and Jim Aparo. A great little Batman story arc.

I'll second that!

More Minor BATMAN v SUPERMAN Details Revealed; 'Batman' Has A Machine Gun

Regardless, there are some other very interesting titbits here, including the fact that Ben Affleck is wearing a wig as Bruce Wayne and that Batman at one point wields a machine gun. Should we expect a more brutal Caped Crusader than ever before? It certainly looks that way right now!

• Zack Snyder has a whiteboard in his office with the entire DCEU sketched out.
  • Pre-production for Justice League has already begun.
  • Ben Affleck picked out his own Bruce Wayne hairstyle for the movie, despite Deborah Snyder not being a fan of it initially.
  • Ben Affleck wears a wig in the movie for his Bruce Wayne hairstyle.
  • Batman carries a machine gun at one point in the movie.
  • Deborah Snyder cried when Gal Gadot first stepped onto the set as Wonder Woman.
  • Wonder Woman’s role in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is key to shifting the story towards Justice League.
  • Zack Snyder admits that Christopher Nolan was “taken aback” when he told him he wanted to reinterpret Batman alongside Superman, but he’s fully supportive.

giphy.gif

EXCLUSIVE: We Know Who Jena Malone Is Playing in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'

Not a fan of the idea.

Ms Malone just doesn't look like a Barbara Gordon.

'Batman' Has A Machine Gun

Not a fan of the idea. However, I'd bet we wouldn't see him kill anyone with it.

Just MO.

Man, Jena Malone is really hot.

That aside, I personally think she'd make a very good Babs. Although I wish they would have gone with the Carrie Kelly character instead.

I know that the typical and traditional interpretation of Batman includes his rules against killing folks......BUT isn't it apparent from the trailers and all the information already leaked that he intends to kill Superman at the very least?

His entire dialogue with Alfred is capped by stating he has to "destroy" Superman. He's also visualized snapping a superman soldier's neck in the desert....

I think the gloves have been off for awhile since Supes took out Zod in MOS.

I think we're going to see alot of changes that folks aren't always going to agree with, but killing definitely seems within the realm of a realistic interpretation of these characters.

Man, Jena Malone is really hot.

That aside, I personally think she'd make a very good Babs. Although I wish they would have gone with the Carrie Kelly character instead.

I think she'd make a great Carrie Kelly... although I'm not sure those square glasses would suit her.

Hang on. Square glasses hm

Is that Carrie Kelly or Velma from Scooby Doo? I always forget... ;)