• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Files returns

357 posts in this topic

didn't they die though?

Those familiar with The X-Files may question just how The Lone Gunmen will return but you know what they say, no one ever stays _ _ _ _ on The X-Files. As the show is still shooting in Vancouver, the casting news doesn't end here; most recently, Robbie Amell (The Flash) and Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under) joined the cast as Agent Miller and Agent Einstein respectively. Additionally, Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley), life-long X-Files fan and host of The X-Files Files podcast, had all his geek dreams come true as he will appear in an episode of The X-Files revival. Luuuucky.

And they have added a funny actor from HBO's SILICON VALLEY. At least for one episode.

n7lZQ9a.png

‘The X-Files’ Revival: Sheila Larken Returning As Scully’s Mother

According to TV Line, Sheila Larken will coming back to Fox as Margaret Scully (Anderson’s TV Mom) in the Glen Morgan-penned second episode of the X-Files revival, “Home Again.” Last seen 13 years ago in the ninth episode of X-Files season nine, titled “Provenance,” Mrs. Scully will feature alongside other previously announced series regulars, including Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi), the cigarette-smoking man (William B. Davis), and the Lone Gunmen (Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Harwood).

0b55eaa2e2046d89b2e3514728f1167c.jpg

Annabeth Gish will reprise her role of Agent Reyes in The X-Files revival

They're certainly packing quite a lot of characters, both new and old, in the upcoming X-Files revival aren't they? The latest addition to the show is one who will be quite familiar to fans of the series, assuming you stuck around for the final seasons that is. It's been announced that Annabeth Gish will be reprising her role of Agent Monica Reyes for one episode of Fox's six-episode revival series.

Annabeth Gish told X-Files News that she was "very much looking forward to revisiting my role as Monica Reyes in The X-Files Revival. I'm sure it will be an exciting reunion with the incredible X-Files cast, family and fans." The character of Monica Reyes first appeared mid-way through season eight of The X-Files before being made a series regular in the show's ninth and final season. Those hoping that Gish's return will also mark the return of Robert Patrick's Agent John Doggett will be disappointed as Patrick has previously said said that he "was not going to do it." Of course, this is The X-Files we're talking about here so...trust no one.

x-files-gish.jpg

Vik Sahay Joins Cast Of The X-Files Revival

Chuck alum Vik Sahay ('Lester Patel') has been add to the cast of The X-Files revival, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

He will appear in at least one episode and will play mysterious "man Mulder (David Duchovny) turns to for information during an investigation."

f1h5Kit.png

Yeah, I never got in to this show either... is it available online somewhere (legally, of course)? Netflix or amazon or crackle or whatever?

For whoever missed it, like me, there are now 9 seasons on Netflix. Almost through season 1.

Been re-watching the series on netflix & for some reason, seasons 1-7 are all widescreen & HD but when I hit partway thru Season 8, it jumps back to SD and standard 4x3. It's bugging me.

First Episode Of The X-Files Revival To Premiere At MIPCOM & New York Comic Con

Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox Broadcasting Company have announced today that the first episode of The X-Files 6-episode miniseries event will premiere at MIPCOM and New York Comic Con.

The first screening of the episode, entitled "My Struggle," will take place at MIPCOM (Grand Auditorium of the Palais des Festivals) in Cannes, France, on Tuesday, October 6. Series creator and executive producer Chris Carter will be on hand to introduce the episode.

The X-Files Two-Part Trailer To Debut During Gotham And Minority Report

By now you've heard that X-Files is returning for a new limited series. To help hype people up four months before the premiere, a new two-part trailer is being released Monday. Part one will air during Gotham at 8/7c, and part two during Minority Report at 9/8c.

Robbie Amell Confirms Filming X-Files Scene With The Cigarette Smoking Man

"I don't know what's a secret, so I could get into a lot of trouble with this question," Amell joked. "I had a scene with Cigarette-Smoking man, so he is in it. I hope that doesn't get me in a huge..." and then he trailed off.

:applause: