• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

It seems like this one would be better if you only had a few comics. From the same company.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/c-330-comic-mailers.aspx

mrtt912k.jpg

This is the exact envelope that I use, only I buy them locally and not from BU.

I also have custom made, extremely thick, corrugated cardboard slats (not just your average box thickness but double that) that are just as large as the Mylar I ship my raw books in.

I put a slat on either side of the comics I am shipping (I can generally ship 1-5 this way), then bag them tightly for moisture, then place in the envelope, tape the envelope and ship them this way.

If you've bought 1-5 raw comics from me in the past 3 or 4 years, this is probably how you received them.

I have only had one problem out of 1000's and that was when I was using a thinner version of the cardboard slat and an over zealous mailman decided to try to bend this nearly unbendable thing to make it fit a box. :pullhair:

No system is perfect, but most systems with a little thought put into them will prevent 99% of your problems.

the whole thread was not to involve you at all!!!!!!!

the point was to show how not to ship a comic book!!!!!!!!

I was trying to prove a simple point envelopes is the wrong way to go.

no matter how ridged anyone thinks an envelope is it will not last with the USPS and there shipping bad habits.

you can clearly see in the pictures that the integrity of the envelope was no match in the ring with the USPS

USPS K.O.ed it with no problem

but people attacking me or you was not the point, those people clearly missed the ball

it was too simply show that no envelope is safe from serious damage.

I apologize for the personal attack and that was not my intention it was only to bring light on shipping and shipping habits.

Wow!

Take a step back. If that was your point then you failed miserably in proving it. (thumbs u

FYI: when you post publicly then we all have the option to be involved. :gossip:

For someone that swore this was the worst part of the boards and said they wouldn't be posting here, you sure are posing here a lot :insane:

Less than a dozen posts is a lot? lol

Compared to how much you post in the post count thread, no.

Are you stalking him?

Im stalking you.

:banana:

no matter how ridged anyone thinks an envelope is it will not last with the USPS and there shipping bad habits.

you can clearly see in the pictures that the integrity of the envelope was no match in the ring with the USPS

but people attacking me or you was not the point, those people clearly missed the ball

I apologize for the personal attack and that was not my intention it was only to bring light on shipping and shipping habits.

Wow!

:foryou:

Take a step back. If that was your point then you failed miserably in proving it. (thumbs u

FYI: when you post publicly then we all have the option to be involved. :gossip:

For someone that swore this was the worst part of the boards and said they wouldn't be posting here, you sure are posing here a lot :insane:

Are you stalking him?

Im stalking you.

Wow!

Are you stalking him?

Im stalking you.

I stalk both of you between posts. :shy:

oue78.jpg

Mad phat slats, yo!

I think we've got Roy's new comic sales ad campaign. lol

ouxxr.jpg

Someone better send Skybound the memo

You better get your PM's sorted, here's a recent one you haven't read yet....

#6115087 - 07/27/15 07:13 PM Re: Mystery Box

oue78.jpg

Mad phat slats, yo!

I think we've got Roy's new comic sales ad campaign. lol

ouxxr.jpg

:headbang:

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.