• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum delayed posting and loading issues
2 2

1,070 posts in this topic

Generated in 0.031 seconds in which 0.016 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

For you guys that are posting these delays, what would you estimate your ratio of slow page loads to fast page loads are per day?

One out of 40 page loads takes more than 10 seconds.

greggy is making a decent point, which is that lots of page loads are fast.

I think greggy is just being a . lol

Every screenshot I post is posted within two minutes of the slow page load, if that helps to give you an idea of when the slow page loads happen. Also, for every screenshot I post, there's another slow page load screenshot I didn't take because I'm lazy.

All my settings are the default settings.

For you guys that are posting these delays, what would you estimate your ratio of slow page loads to fast page loads are per day?

greggy is making a decent point, which is that lots of page loads are fast. Mine generally look like this:

Generated in 0.028 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

The possible scenarios here are these:

1. The boards are slow in random spikes for everyone caused by some kind of usage pattern that occasionally conflicts.

2. The boards are slow during specific times of the day for everyone possibly due to some automated processes.

3. The boards are slow much more frequently for specific users due to some personal setting or internet connection issue

4. Some combination of the above

My personal experiences is that most every page load is speedy. Occasionally (like maybe 2% of the time) I will get a slow page load - usually no worse than 8 seconds or so.

This could be because I don't hit the boards during high traffic (although my usage follows no specific pattern of time, so I think I would have seen the issues), or it could be that everyone is experiencing a similar ratio.

Yeah, I do get a lot of these

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

There are times like yesterday morning when I got nothing but fast loads. That's pretty rare, though.

There are other times when maybe one-third of loads are 5 seconds or longer. It seems as if the most common time for slow loads is 4 pm to 6 pm eastern. It may go later than that, but I'm less likely to be on after 6 pm. Can also happen at other random times.

greggy is making a decent point, which is that lots of page loads are fast. Mine generally look like this:

Generated in 0.028 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

The possible scenarios here are these:

1. The boards are slow in random spikes for everyone caused by some kind of usage pattern that occasionally conflicts.

2. The boards are slow during specific times of the day for everyone possibly due to some automated processes.

3. The boards are slow much more frequently for specific users due to some personal setting or internet connection issue

4. Some combination of the above

My personal experiences is that most every page load is speedy. Occasionally (like maybe 2% of the time) I will get a slow page load - usually no worse than 8 seconds or so.

This could be because I don't hit the boards during high traffic (although my usage follows no specific pattern of time, so I think I would have seen the issues), or it could be that everyone is experiencing a similar ratio.

greggy is not making a decent point, unless it's the one at the top of his head.

I get slow periods throughout the day. There is no pattern to them that I can see.

Yes, I'll have more fast pages but I rarely, if ever, have a visit to this forum without the forum slowing down for me numerous times.

Generated in 0.034 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Generated in 0.034 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Generated in 0.03 seconds in which 0.017 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Ha!

Generated in 0.03 seconds in which 0.017 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Ha!

Generated in 0.02 seconds in which 0.011 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Generated in 0.039 seconds in which 0.017 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.