• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,443 posts in this topic

Speaking of EC romance, I was fortunate to score a pedigree copy (New Hampshire) earlier this month at SDCC.

According to the seller, the entire New Hampshire collection consisted of cross-genre books as long as they had a western-themed cover. Pretty cool.

79d3d6f1-d31f-4f53-98d1-b966ea135de2_zpsi6xvlgbo.jpg

Very nice book Steve, but as for the New Hampshire pedigree, probably most had a western theme but not all...as evidenced by these two that I own (bought from Jim Payette who purchased the collection):

2587680.jpg

4kxsg3.jpg

Nice! As mentioned, I was relying on the information from the dealer, so thanks for the correction.

I finally contacted a couple of the GCD guys (one of them Dan) and lo and behold...

Diary Confessions #13 definitely non-existent. Morse comic titles ended 1955, distributor Kable released 4 leftovers all skipping an issue number - i.e, #12 to #14.

Diary Confessions #13 was one of the skipped issues and #14 was one of the leftovers into 1956.

Nice trackdown, fett. And now that I am back from Texas (aka The Surface of the Sun) and have my Love on the Racks in front of me, I see my faith was not misplaced. Though she did qualify it somewhat - "never been seen." So now we boldly go where Michelle Nolan has not gone before. Doesn't exist it is!

Dan Stevenson, eh? Nice! (thumbs u

At long last, I'm able to present what must be a rare group shot...the complete EC romance collection.

ECRomance.jpg

Ed, that's one heck of a group shot! (worship)

I couldn't love those books more then if I owned them myself...wait, what? No finer hands than Ed's for a new home. An EC collector extraordinaire, and even better man. (thumbs u

Now if you could pick those books up off the floor...please? :baiting:

So maybe we should change the genre to outdoorsy theme? hm I think the dealer got that info from the Pedigree Comics website, because Matt Nelson wrote on there that the books were all westerns. There's still a lot of misinformation out there about comics...

If you check his pedigree book, you can see he corrected the story there.

From Ace Periodicals, a hybrid of sorts: Dotty #39. This series started as 'Four Favorites', then became 'Four Teeners' for one issue(which featured Dotty on the cover along with a staple of other teen humor stars, then became Dotty. Dotty began in it's short 'life' as a teen humor title, then with this issue and the next took on a 'romance' lean , announcing such by having the banner 'Glamorous Romances' above her name. Eventually, with issue 41 the title became a straight romance book titled 'Glamourous Romances'. Guess you could say the writing was on the wall. Nice art work inside too.

Dotty%20Comics%2039_zpsbisgg6y3.jpg

Dotty%20Comics%2039_zpsbisgg6y3.jpg

Outstanding, Sagii! :applause:

Eventually, with issue 41 the title became a straight romance book titled 'Glamourous Romances'.

Here's my 41.

GlamorousRomances41fc_zpsh9ugyrdw.jpg

Nice!!! At least with that book they acknowledge the title change. Don't think I ever saw that one posted before. Fine copy Dr. Edited by Sagii