• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

The 'real bidder' is also a shill, now outbid by a zero feedback. This listing is now highjacked

There's been a rash of 0 buyers (kids) just bidding items up, there's another thread in the Main section, discussing this all originating from the Carolina's. I'm not convinced it's a "shill" which implies it's the sellers doing, as much as kids creating these false ebay accounts and running items up. Who knows tho.

I'm looking for a cover only of Amazing Fantasy #15 in good condition. If anybody has one or knows somebody who would like to part from there's, please let me know an PM me. Thanks

Join the club, I'll take a front cover in poor or fair condition.

not to take away from this but I made a thread for marrying silver age stuff like this ;)

That's actually a pretty nice AF15! Too bad about those tape pulls. I wonder how high it could grade with those tape pulls? 4.0?

Man that's a beautiful book. I haven't had much time as of late to track any amazing fantasy 15's as that is the one comic I want the most. I use to talk about it with my sister and jokingly asked her to buy it for me because "she was rich"(she really wasn't but always tried to please everyone so she'd try her hardest to get things others wanted). I could never accept such an expensive gift so I settled on marvel tales 137. I don't know if I'll ever have the cash for amazing fantasy 15, nor the will or appetite to own one now. Regardless, beautiful book.

That's actually a pretty nice AF15! Too bad about those tape pulls. I wonder how high it could grade with those tape pulls? 4.0?

It drives me absolutely insane when sellers scan the inside front cover like that -- he probably popped the top staple during the process, since he mentioned that the cover was completely attached in his original description, THEN he added the inside front cover scan. Pic #4 shows the cover still attached at the top staple, while Pic #3 shows it detached -- so he probably did it right there as he scanned the inside front cover.

That's always something to worry about on eBay with non comic sellers, especially on a book that will get dozens of questions from bidders -- the seller could very easily damage it (after posting the original pics) due to people asking to count the pages/check for restoration/take extra pics/etc. rantrant

It drives me absolutely insane when sellers scan the inside front cover like that -- he probably popped the top staple during the process, since he mentioned that the cover was completely attached in his original description, THEN he added the inside front cover scan. Pic #4 shows the cover still attached at the top staple, while Pic #3 shows it detached -- so he probably did it right there as he scanned the inside front cover.

That's always something to worry about on eBay with non comic sellers, especially on a book that will get dozens of questions from bidders -- the seller could very easily damage it (after posting the original pics) due to people asking to count the pages/check for restoration/take extra pics/etc. rantrant

You are absolutely correct about the detached staple probably occurring during the photo session. Personally, I think this copy looks terrible. Those tape pulls are giants, that's all my eyes focus on. The inside cover and pages look very toasty, bordering on starting to be brittle. This is the kind of book that would arrive with pieces at the bottom of the bag and board. Anyone that buys this book is simply over anxious or settling for something they will regret.

You are absolutely correct about the detached staple probably occurring during the photo session. Personally, I think this copy looks terrible. Those tape pulls are giants, that's all my eyes focus on. The inside cover and pages look very toasty, bordering on starting to be brittle. This is the kind of book that would arrive with pieces at the bottom of the bag and board. Anyone that buys this book is simply over anxious or settling for something they will regret.

The upper staple could be barely attached...we don't know for sure. For a starter book, it looks ok to own. I'm amazed it has surpassed the 10k level. Here's to AF15. (worship)

The upper staple could be barely attached...we don't know for sure. For a starter book, it looks ok to own. I'm amazed it has surpassed the 10k level. Here's to AF15. (worship)

The upper staple may still be attached to the Back cover but I think it's pretty clear it is not attached to the Front Cover. There is a 0 feedback bidder arm wrestling with a 6 feedback bidder. I think the real bidders stopped at around 5K.

I'm on vacation in MN visiting family.

Had dinner with my daughter last night and she mentioned she has a friend who has an AF15 and wants to know what it's worth. I'm thinking "Yeah, right... probably a reprint or seriously chewed up copy." I also thought in this day of ebay, internet, and price guides surely this guy must have a good idea of value.

So I met the guy in the lobby of my hotel last night and he pulls out a seriously nice copy of AF15. I'm guessing conservatively 4.5 but more likely 5.5. It was sweet. No marvel chipping. Bright colors. White pages. wow.

It was his uncles. When he died my daughter's friend and his mom were cleaning his house out, organizing boxes for Goodwill. He saw a small box with comics, recognized the cover of this one & knew it was something special so he pulled it out and put it away for 15 years until recent weeks when my daughter told him I was going to visit and he should show it to me.

I asked him if he ever tried to sell it and he said last week a dealer offered him $1500 for it (gulp).

It was fun to watch his eyes go wide when I told him to "add a zero". I offered him $12,000 but he said he needed to process what I told him. Smart young man!

Edited by gadzukes

I'm on vacation in MN visiting family.

Had dinner with my daughter last night and she mentioned she has a friend who has an AF15 and wants to know what it's worth. I'm thinking "Yeah, right... probably a reprint or seriously chewed up copy." I also thought in this day of ebay, internet, and price guides surely this guy must have a good idea of value.

So I met the guy in the lobby of my hotel last night and he pulls out a seriously nice copy of AF15. I'm guessing conservatively 4.5 but more likely 5.5. It was sweet. No marvel chipping. Bright colors. White pages. wow.

It was his uncles. When he died my daughter's friend and his mom were cleaning his house out, organizing boxes for Goodwill. He saw a small box with comics, recognized the cover of this one & knew it was something special so he pulled it out and put it away for 15 years until recent weeks when my daughter told him I was going to visit and he should show it to me.

I asked him if he ever tried to sell it and he said last week a dealer offered him $1500 for it (gulp).

It was fun to watch his eyes go wide when I told him to "add a zero". I offered him $12,000 but he said he needed to process what I told him. Smart young man!

luck always seems to be on your side :)

Edited by uchiha101