• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

I looked through tons of comics at flea markets this weekend. I would say that 75% or more of them were either Dell, Gold Key, or Archie comics that I never want to read. So instead I got furniture...

Man, if those Archies were pre-1965, you should've grabbed them :o

I looked through tons of comics at flea markets this weekend. I would say that 75% or more of them were either Dell, Gold Key, or Archie comics that I never want to read. So instead I got furniture...

Tons of great reads there.

I don't collect Archie so it would have just been me guessing the whole time. There were some cool super hero comics including some of my favorite Fantastic Four issues but for the price of one of those comics I could have bought all the furniture that I came home with.

if the price is right i am game for anything

I don't collect Archie so it would have just been me guessing the whole time.

Archies are simple. If Better or Veronica look GGA-ish on the cover... buy it.

this ^

this ^

even if you lose, you win.

Local deceased estate sale...

P7140003_zpszz8u1npz.jpg

Probably about 40% of them.

Huge tub of the complete set of Carl Barks Library in mint (still in mailers) condition plus another 3 full tubs.

Lots of Wogan, W.C.Publishing, Whitman and Gold Key from 1950's - 1970's - loads of Gladstone moderns (1980-85) as well.

The Barks Library complete set is a fantastic find - all 141 are there. All still in original mailers.

Probably the best haul I've ever found.

P7140003_zpszz8u1npz.jpg

Huge tub of the complete set of Carl Barks Library in mint (still in mailers) condition plus another 3 full tubs.

Lots of Wogan, W.C.Publishing, Whitman and Gold Key from 1950's - 1970's - loads of Gladstone moderns (1980-85) as well.

The Barks Library complete set is a fantastic find - all 141 are there. All still in original mailers.

:applause:

P7140003_zpszz8u1npz.jpg

Absolutely fanTAStic!!! Killer score!

P7140003_zpszz8u1npz.jpg

Cool Haul. When I first glanced at that picture I thought "someone has gotten into my house" and then "nope, wrong furniture and I'm still alive", but dang someone had darn near the same as part of my collection.

141? I had wondered how many were in the set, never really counted mine. Are these the ones that came with the collectible cards? I think mine are still in shrink wrap with the cards..I think. It's been too many years. I'll have to dig them out soon.

1+ :grin: I would!

P7140003_zpszz8u1npz.jpg

Cool Haul. When I first glanced at that picture I thought "someone has gotten into my house" and then "nope, wrong furniture and I'm still alive", but dang someone had darn near the same as part of my collection.

141? I had wondered how many were in the set, never really counted mine. Are these the ones that came with the collectible cards? I think mine are still in shrink wrap with the cards..I think. It's been too many years. I'll have to dig them out soon.

Yeah - 141 was the total when you added the extra Gladstone books (Like Gyro etc) - I think the first 6 or 7 (don't quote me) had random cards (ie not every issue had one) but people complained and from then on every book had the same card.

Luckily all the cards are here as well.

P7140003_zpszz8u1npz.jpg

Absolutely fanTAStic!!! Killer score!

Thanks Chip - as I said in our PM, and it's worth repeating, I'm listing 60 - 70 per day and I'm done already.

How you list thousands and thousands per year is beyond me.

It's incredibly hard work, so hats off to you Chip.

Thanks for the kind words mate. (and change yer name back!!)