• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #1 Campbell Deadpool Variant appreciation thread...
3 3

601 posts in this topic

The sad reality is that, at the moment, Stan's sig still sells books no matter his affiliation. I bough a Hulk 181 signed and sketched by Herb Trimpe for $350 and a similar book with only Stan's sig sold shortly after for $450. It's crazy.

Edited by justin

Well that took a little longer than I would have liked but here we are. Color breaking stress lines near the top staple, the flash makes the few non-color breaking stress lines along the spine look worse than they are. I also think the camera lens is dirty because none of the white dots exist on the book.

Had it graded by four separate dealers over the years (AFTER I made it very clear it was not for sale) and they each said it is in the "VF/NM range" which I mostly agree with, I keep going back and forth between VF+ & VF/NM depending on the day. Most everyone says I grade very tight with a shade on the conservative side but whatever, I stand by it.

This is the last of 3 copies I have owned. Sold the first one I got here advertised as "F/VF" which I thought was WAY undergraded, it returned 9.2. Sold it about a year later here on the boards for $500 which seems crazy now but was right in line with GPA for that grade at the time so no regrets. Sold the second last year in my "Grab Bag" selling thread as part of a " +The+List&topic=0&Search=true#Post8328253'>Variant #1's Lot " which the buyer then tried to list on eBay in “At Least NM- condition!” :facepalm:

156747.jpg.70daa2c3a6a15372f298a099a873e375.jpg

Very nice!

J. Scott Campbell Wolverine V4 Issue 1 Deadpool Mashup Variant Club

Blue Label: 6 copies

Yellow Label: 5 copies

Raw:3

Total: 14 copies

CGC Universal:

9.8 (W) Bill1 (page 1)

9.8 (W) Kryten (page 2)

9.8 (W) Jaydogrules (page 5)

9.8 (W) Jump_ace (page 36)

9.6 (W) Kryten (page 2)

9.6 (W) Globalsandlin (page 23 link)

CGC SIGNATURE SERIES

9.8 (W) snikt1988 (page 4) Signed by Len Wein and blotted out

9.8 (W) CostasA (page 20) Signed by J. Scott Campbell

9.6 (W) Kryten (page 2) Signed J. Scott Campbell and Stan Lee

9.6 (W) avalanche (page 1) Signed by J. Scott Campbell

9.6 (W) Deadpool (page 39) Signed by J. Scott Campbell

RAW:

Theamazing R.J.S. (page 5)

munster (page 24)

davedawgbg (page 43)

So, which way to the Spawn 185 B&W sketch variant thread appreciation thread?

I don't think there is an official appreciation thread, but feel free to start one.

It may have been discussed in the most valuable modern comic thread. I can't recall the specific name . lol

Edited by jreezy

I just found out that the same artwork. Black cover and everything will be a LA Mole Comic Con variant. I wonder if this will adversely impact the price on the original cover as people "settle" .

Good question, but I don't think so since there is a white on black variant already and the O.G. is still holding its own. While it may appease the masses, I think, it will only help the O.G. maintain its now legendary status and value. Buuuut....I'm just some guy, what do I know lol

Jerome

I just found out that the same artwork. Black cover and everything will be a LA Mole Comic Con variant. I wonder if this will adversely impact the price on the original cover as people "settle" .

Good question, but I don't think so since there is a white on black variant already and the O.G. is still holding its own. While it may appease the masses, I think, it will only help the O.G. maintain its now legendary status and value. Buuuut....I'm just some guy, what do I know lol

Jerome

lol you maybe right. I will say that the color version is way better than the sketch.

Jerome

If I was a betting man, then I'd say you`re a ^^

Think of how many times the IH181 cover has been reprinted... Don't thinknit effects the value...

It will be interesting to see if there is an impact. The Mexican Edge of Spider-Verse 2 Land variant did not appear to impact the original's value. Maybe this time will be different.