• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

HDYXJ1sH_2905151634391.jpg

This week in my CAF gallery: that gorgeous painting by Alex Maleev, wonderful Wolverine and Spider-Gwen sketches by Leinil Yu, Kevin Maguire and Mike McKone, and one extremely disappointing commission transaction destined for disappointment and loss of money by (ugh) Ethan Van Sciver.

Enjoy :whee:

Another chunk of my daughters' inheritance has been squandered!

Joe Eisma is the artist on Morning Glories. The book is fascinating to me. It's a puzzle sent in a prestigious private academy where the students are all unusual and the faculty is just plain strange.

It's been described by Nick Spencer, the series writer, as "Runaways meets Lost." Runaways was a comic book series featuring young characters who discover that their parents are evil and Lost was a very mysterious TV show with a very non-linear narrative structure. Per the Wikipedia, "the series focuses on six 'brilliant but troubled' new recruits at Morning Glory Academy, a prestigious prep school hiding "sinister and deadly" secrets."

Anyway, Joe has been the series artist for its entire run to date (quite an accomplishment). But that’s just the start, the series is supposed to run about 100 issues and Joe is committed to doing them all.

I enjoy his story telling and have had him add head sketches to each chapter break on my copies of the Deluxe edition books, but I've wanted a commission from him for some time. I decided to pull the trigger this month.

So, for your viewing pleasure, I offer my latest addition featuring the staff and students of MGA discussing a recent disagreement. Sorry Allie, Elizabeth, and Rebecca.

Click to embiggen and read more about the setting and characters.

GAeHM6B8_3105152010581.jpg

Tom Grummett just finished this one for me. I slight twist on my iPod theme. My first iPhone commission, been thinking about this for a while and figured Tom is the best one to pull it off. He did a great job.

Don't you just hate it when the telephone booth is Out of Order. What is a Super Man to do?

These days its hard to find a telephone booth they have gone the way of the dinosaurs.

super_iphone.jpg

Edited by Brian Peck

David Golding is an up-and-comer and he did a great job on this Invaders One Minute Later with the Reaper. I love the heads/expressions in the upper left and the crackle and energy of the Reaper -- Cap better throw his shield and disrupt his aging scythe or Bucky is in real trouble!!!!

David was great to deal with and did the commission in just a few weeks. I highly recommend him. You can write him at: d.goldingartist@virginmedia.com . Tell him the One Minute Later guy sent you.

156309.jpg.437efdf68e6aff24e804bcc25d12f23b.jpg

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but couldn't seem to figure a better option. I'm going to be in the market for a commission, but unlike anything I've been after in the past where I knew what artist I wanted, in this case the artist isn't as important.

Last year as a school project my son had to write a short story - he decided on a superhero story, and made it a comic (complete with very bad art). I'd really like to get a commission done of his character as a present for him. So I'm looking for artist suggestions that would do a color commission of an original character (I understand that is sometimes an issue) in a classic superhero style. Now ideally since the artist pedigree isn't that key to this I'd rather not break the bank on this, but I'm happy to spend appropriately for a quality piece and to ensure I'm dealing with a reputable artist.

Any suggestions?

Thom Zahler the creator of Love and Capes just did something similar for a friend. He wanted to create a one page story that featured his wife working with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Thom knocked it out of park. His rates are reasonable and he hits his deadlines. Highly recommended.

He can do a variety of styles, but is generally cartoony. You can see samples of his work (and read the story) on the Love and Capes site.

The gift is a secret so I can't post it, but it's really good.