• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got Heshka?
6 6

315 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! Yes, it is now the centerpiece. I'm sure you know, Bob, that Ryan "retires" the cover once it is commissioned for a client. There can only be the one Heshka recreation of that particular image, never another.

The precious!

I own other fine art, I love abstract/impressionistic oils from the 50's (Modern furniture, too - if you've got some Eames, etc you don't want anymore!). So one of a kind, I get. I've never owned anything like this, however - a work of art I commissioned, by me for me. But it's a collaborative process as well, Ryan's vision and talent with input by the client welcomed.

It's like a Vulcan mind meld, where Ryan is Spock and you're the silicon-based rock like creature. Elementary, and fun!

Ryan. Is my latest creation done yet ??

The trained monkeys are on strike at the moment. Contract negotiations are in the works.

Did those trained monkeys look anything like giant alien apes? Those critters are fierce looking beasts! lol

The trained monkeys are on strike at the moment. Contract negotiations are in the works.

Did those trained monkeys look anything like giant alien apes? Those critters are fierce looking beasts! lol

Something like this...

white%20ape%20pulp_zpsbfagemsu.jpg

Something like this...

white%20ape%20pulp_zpsbfagemsu.jpg

lol

Thanks guys! Yes, it is now the centerpiece. I'm sure you know, Bob, that Ryan "retires" the cover once it is commissioned for a client. There can only be the one Heshka recreation of that particular image, never another.

The precious!

I own other fine art, I love abstract/impressionistic oils from the 50's (Modern furniture, too - if you've got some Eames, etc you don't want anymore!). So one of a kind, I get. I've never owned anything like this, however - a work of art I commissioned, by me for me. But it's a collaborative process as well, Ryan's vision and talent with input by the client welcomed.

It's like a Vulcan mind meld, where Ryan is Spock and you're the silicon-based rock like creature. Elementary, and fun!

Please post a pic of it framed!

Really amazing piece Ryan. I've had fun checking it out several times already.

You should see it up close. It was stunning to behold when Dr. Love pulled the matted/framed beauty out at the RHG party Friday evening! (worship)

RHG? Ryan Heshka Goodies?

Really amazing piece Ryan. I've had fun checking it out several times already.

You should see it up close. It was stunning to behold when Dr. Love pulled the matted/framed beauty out at the RHG party Friday evening! (worship)

RHG? Ryan Heshka Goodies?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8741125&fpart=1

I've seen one recently finished Heshka painting that folks here haven't. I may give Bedrock a glimpse of the first of two commissions I have coming from Ryan this weekend if Rich is at Space City con as my wife and I are in Houston for her book signing at Murder By The Book.

I'd post a scan here on the boards, but I want these to be a big surprise. Besides, it's better to build antici......pation. :grin:

I've seen one recently finished Heshka painting that folks here haven't. I may give Bedrock a glimpse of the first of two commissions I have coming from Ryan this weekend if Rich is at Space City con as my wife and I are in Houston for her book signing at Murder By The Book.

I'd post a scan here on the boards, but I want these to be a big surprise. Besides, it's better to build antici......pation. :grin:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Is everyone still in suspenders? lol

f_885963.gif

OK, here's the original Space Patrol cover art submitted to Centaur by ...Basil Wolverton!

2a3e1aae-590e-4064-8615-4f49951d1918_zps038382fa.jpg

Unfortunately, Wolverton lived in California while his publisher was in NYC. Apparently Centaur's editors preferred in house cover submissions because it made it easier getting revisions on tight deadlines, so none of Basil's covers were accepted. Since he submitted finished pieces rather than pencil layouts it's that much more of a tragic loss for fans of Wolverton's unique style of art.

We can only imagine what Basil's color covers might've looked like if Centaur had been more open to publishing his unsolicited cover work, then again... :D

9e93fab6-2e25-4843-898f-6485c4739cf1_zpsogfudeow.jpg

I'll post the second Wolverton cover art submission along with Ryan's brilliant recreation proof tomorrow. Enjoy! (thumbs u

OK, here's the original Space Patrol cover art submitted to Centaur by ...Basil Wolverton!

2a3e1aae-590e-4064-8615-4f49951d1918_zps038382fa.jpg

Unfortunately, Wolverton lived in California while his publisher was in NYC. Apparently Centaur's editors preferred in house cover submissions because it made it easier getting revisions on tight deadlines, so none of Basil's covers were accepted. Since he submitted finished pieces rather than pencil layouts it's that much more of a tragic loss for fans of Wolverton's unique style of art.

We can only imagine what Basil's color covers might've looked like if Centaur had been more open to publishing his unsolicited cover work, then again... :D

9e93fab6-2e25-4843-898f-6485c4739cf1_zpsogfudeow.jpg

I'll post the second Wolverton cover art submission along with Ryan's brilliant recreation proof

tomorrow. Enjoy! (thumbs u

Wow! Just wow! Ryan is just exceptional......