• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crime SuspenStories 22 club
9 9

727 posts in this topic

Here's a cool pic to add to this thread..

3F1D8DA9-8722-4C5A-B8CB-A79AFE6EF322_zpshclqlw4e.jpg

:o

(Points finger and waves it menacingly)

HOARDER! No wonder I can't find a copy!

(Stomps off kicking dirt and muttering various cusses under breath)

Here's a cool pic to add to this thread..

3F1D8DA9-8722-4C5A-B8CB-A79AFE6EF322_zpshclqlw4e.jpg

:o

(Points finger and waves it menacingly)

HOARDER! No wonder I can't find a copy!

(Stomps off kicking dirt and muttering various cusses under breath)

lol Awesome pic Twist!!! ..Rickster I just love your posts man!! Great visuals!!

Any one interested in selling me a copy? ?

columbia comics has two graded copies for sale, a 3.0 and 4.0. he has a website and is also a board member, if you would like to contact him.

Seems you should be asking Twisty1...

I ain't parting with mine.

comcrimesuspense22_zpsff9q6ngg.jpg

That's a very very nice one! :cloud9:

Thanks. We can all thank my uncle who gave me a pile of his childhood ECs when I was a kid. My mom caught me reading one of the horror issues and tore it up. So I took the rest and kept them in a tight wooden box in our tree house. We both took very good care of them!

Thanks. We can all thank my uncle who gave me a pile of his childhood ECs when I was a kid. My mom caught me reading one of the horror issues and tore it up. So I took the rest and kept them in a tight wooden box in our tree house. We both took very good care of them!

Cool story, I can just see you guys sitting up in the treehouse reading these books. Seems like that's what they were meant for. That is a very nice looking copy. Amazing that you were able to keep them looking so nice.

Speaking of comics in general, I had a large cardboard box of them in my closet, and this one time my dad -in a rage at me- grabbed the one on top and tore it in half (a Superman, 1956) for a punishment (can't remember if that was before or after the strapping).

Anyways, from then on, I would keep a few of my lesser valued books on top, "just in case", although that never happened again.

Here's my two CSS 22's; notice the way they are cut. Both the same size, so no trimming seems apparent, but the one on the right has more on the bottom, the one at the left, more at the top.

331lqfo.jpg

Did you buy those off the stands? Amazes me that any kid could plunk down a dime and walk away with that.

My parents didn't mind me reading most comics as long as I didn't leave them laying all over the place. My uncle's ECs and MAD magazine were real no no's though. Those were kept in the treehouse.

Kinda tragic though. My older brother and I shared a room with two small closets. One for clothes and one for toys. My comics were in boxes in the second one. Also were 3 other kids in the neighborhoods collections. Their parents didn't like them so they kept them at my house. We all had extensive collections including early Marvel keys. When I moved out at 17 my mom cleaned out the toy closet and in the trash everything went. (She missed the tree house though)

Speaking of comics in general, I had a large cardboard box of them in my closet, and this one time my dad -in a rage at me- grabbed the one on top and tore it in half (a Superman, 1956) for a punishment (can't remember if that was before or after the strapping).

Anyways, from then on, I would keep a few of my lesser valued books on top, "just in case", although that never happened again.

Here's my two CSS 22's; notice the way they are cut. Both the same size, so no trimming seems apparent, but the one on the right has more on the bottom, the one at the left, more at the top.

331lqfo.jpg

Interesting. Both very pretty books but, I think if I had to chose a preference in the cut of the book, I'd go with the right side.. I like seeing more art at the bottom than red at the top. But, both are gorgeous and I'd take either one without batting an eye.

331lqfo.jpg

Interesting. Both very pretty books but, I think if I had to chose a preference in the cut of the book, I'd go with the right side.. I like seeing more art at the bottom than red at the top. But, both are gorgeous and I'd take either one without batting an eye.

I agree, I prefer the copy on the right for the way it is cut. More art is better.