• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Hmmm.

Maybe I gave up on this show too soon when Season 2 started picking up.

...... I'm looking forward to the new episodes as much and maybe more than Gotham. Eat that Crow and dive back in 2c GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ABC doesn't really care about the ratings for AoS though. It's a whole different model for them (and pretty much every other network). A 1-hour commercial for another one of their properties that keeps reminding everyone of their movies & works as a cross-platform method of keeping the Marvel brand in the public consciousness in the 6 months between their fall & spring movies. As long as it doesn't lose money for the network, it serves its purpose in the greater corporate marketing plans.

I've read it a few places where someone (I don't remember if it was a producer or an ABC spokesperson) was asked about the ratings of season 1 (when there was rumor of it not getting a season 2) and the response was essentially "AoS has different standards to meet for renewal" which has been interpreted by a few trade articles a few ways. 1 being that since it's an Disney owned & produced show on a Disney owned network, it keeps all the advertising revenue because it doesn't have to buy a show from a different studio/network (since many don't end up airing on the network or by the studio that produces them). And 2, that the regular advertising of the Marvel brand alone makes up for any shortcomings it might have in ratings & revenue department, because it serves as a way to remind every ABC viewer that Marvel is still making things.

The 1st explanation is obviously non-spin while the 2nd is obviously at least a little spin, but makes sense.

I've read it a few places where someone (I don't remember if it was a producer or an ABC spokesperson) was asked about the ratings of season 1 (when there was rumor of it not getting a season 2) and the response was essentially "AoS has different standards to meet for renewal" which has been interpreted by a few trade articles a few ways. 1 being that since it's an Disney owned & produced show on a Disney owned network, it keeps all the advertising revenue because it doesn't have to buy a show from a different studio/network (since many don't end up airing on the network or by the studio that produces them). And 2, that the regular advertising of the Marvel brand alone makes up for any shortcomings it might have in ratings & revenue department, because it serves as a way to remind every ABC viewer that Marvel is still making things.

The 1st explanation is obviously non-spin while the 2nd is obviously at least a little spin, but makes sense.

:juggle:

Money in the bank

I guess the Mockingbird/Hunter series is still on at ABC, just probably not for this coming tv season. Maybe a summer show? Or expand to 2 hours of Marvel programming per week (hoping for a 2-hour block) and that John Ridley show is behind Agent Carter in the winter-break 8-episode season to keep up the 2 hour block.

Mockingbird-centric series still on at ABC