• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,104 posts in this topic

Mordo? It's a "sleeper" because know one knew. Why did no one know? Because no one cares. I'll say it now, that one's going the way of the Mandarin after the movie's done. Don't get stuck without a dance partner when the music stops...

You must have never read Dr. Strange, as Mordo is among the foremost nemesis of Dr. Strange, more or less what Dr. Doom is to the Fantastic Four.

Everyone has a favorite Doom story. Does anyone have a classic Baron Mordo story they'd like to share? Anyone?

Adventure 283 has dried up on eBay. Not a high grade copy anywhere. I think that insane Superman trailer at SDCC has something to do with this.

I was shocked they showed the Zod body bag. I know there were rumors but wow.... Forget the red capes are coming, worry about Doomsday.

Mordo? It's a "sleeper" because know one knew. Why did no one know? Because no one cares. I'll say it now, that one's going the way of the Mandarin after the movie's done. Don't get stuck without a dance partner when the music stops...

You must have never read Dr. Strange, as Mordo is among the foremost nemesis of Dr. Strange, more or less what Dr. Doom is to the Fantastic Four.

Everyone has a favorite Doom story. Does anyone have a classic Baron Mordo story they'd like to share? Anyone?

The fact that you are comparing Mordo to Dr. Doom already shows you are biased… And no, I don’t have a classic Dr. Doom story, there are many that I like.

Mordo is important for what it represents, more than Dormammu.

The fact that you are comparing Mordo to Dr. Doom already shows you are biased… And no, I don’t have a classic Dr. Doom story, there are many that I like.

You compared Mordo to Doom first... :screwy: I'm out.

You compared Mordo to Doom first... :screwy: I'm out.

I am curious to see which one becomes the bigger bad guy on the silver screen - Doom or Mordo. One has the might of Marvel Films/Disney behind it, the other has the history from the FF books.

I tried to sell a nice TTA 27 & 35 recently on the boards for REALLY good prices.

Almost no one emailed me or really even looked at them. I finally sold my 4.5 TTA 27 for close to a 4.0 price.

Not even one nibble at the TTA35 7.5.

For some reason there is almost no love for TTA Antman comics that I can see.

Personally I love the TTA35 cover. I have an 8.0 that is my keeper.

Adventure 283 has dried up on eBay. Not a high grade copy anywhere. I think that insane Superman trailer at SDCC has something to do with this.

I was shocked they showed the Zod body bag. I know there were rumors but wow.... Forget the red capes are coming, worry about Doomsday.

This book?

adventure28385_zpsf634f8ba.jpg

This book?

adventure28385_zpsf634f8ba.jpg

Now that is a pretty book. :luhv:

Not sure if this qualifies as "heating up" given that there are so few sales (scarce book with 24 census copies), but Space Adventures 33 might fit the bill. 1st appearance books are hot, and Captain Atom is a fairly recognizable character and is still very relevant in the DC universe.

Only GPA data in the past 2 years is a 4.0 that sold twice for >$400. That's higher than any other recorded sale (including an 8.5 that sold for $340 back in late 2012). I'm thinking this book has room to grow a bit value wise (if you can find one).

And I only need one..... (thumbs u :baiting:

Took forever for me to be able to snag a lower grade copy on mycomicshop. This is a tough book to find.

I just noticed that a Space Adventures 33 6.0 just popped up on ebay. With only 1 GPA sale recorded since 2012, I think this one will be very interesting to watch.