• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone went to that big concert/festival in Winchester? Not finding much online about it as far as reviews and such. I saw a poster for the 16th that had loads of punk bands like Subhumans, MDC, Snuff, Restarts, Ruts DC, etc. and thought it sounded like a pretty cool event.

I have a question for fellow UK board members, has anyone seen copies of either Fantastic or Terrific without rusty staples? I recently picked up some really nice copies, obviously very well looked after, virtually no wear, but every one of them has rusty staples, did they use a sub standard metal or what? Here is an example.

fantastic%207_zpsllzrhtoz.jpg

Edited by batmiesta

Those are great photos. I'll have to visit Carlisle one day.

I must have missed your earlier post... I've not seen either of those two titles with or without rusty staples. That's a great cover on Fantastic #7 (thumbs u

Hi everyone! Just noticed this thread and as I live in a little corner of the UK (Isle of Thanet) thought it would be appropiate to introduce myself. I collect mainly Silver Age Marvel but have a few Bronze as well and a lot of Copper Silver Surfers. Had a few periods when I collected comics. As a lad I had some very precious to me Marvels. American comics were almost impossible to find in the provinces in the early/mid 70's. I also had 2000AD #1-100, collected from new, which I then sold for a fiver in the early 80's upon moving down south. doh!!!

Hello Harry Lime! A belated welcome to the boards! You're the third man to use that display name... ;)

Have you checked out the N00B GUIDE ? I found it after being here 3 months... it's very helpful.

I had a similar situation with comics as a lad. Couldn't buy anything other than the UK editions and my 2000 AD collection (over 500 issues) went into the recycling the minute I left home... Fortunately I didn't have #1 or #2.

I found it quite frustrating to be a comics fan at that time, up here in t'North.

I didn't have a reliable source of back issues until summer 77, pretty much clueless on how to get hold of them, until I saw an ad for Fantasy (or Comics?) Unlimited, the mail order company, in a British Marvel comic.

Also, welcome to the boards !!

Hi everyone! Just noticed this thread and as I live in a little corner of the UK (Isle of Thanet) thought it would be appropiate to introduce myself. I collect mainly Silver Age Marvel but have a few Bronze as well and a lot of Copper Silver Surfers. Had a few periods when I collected comics. As a lad I had some very precious to me Marvels. American comics were almost impossible to find in the provinces in the early/mid 70's. I also had 2000AD #1-100, collected from new, which I then sold for a fiver in the early 80's upon moving down south. doh!!!

Welcome to the Boards :applause: