• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

:whee::whee::whee::whee:

not sure what these brackets do...the cat hit it

Looks like it is for formatting php code, with keywords getting different colors and such.

So WHILE most words are one color, IF you USE a keyword it will DO differently.
It might CATCH a word that is special, whether PUBLIC OR PRIVATE, IF you INCLUDE the brackets.
I could CONTINUE, but you could TRY it yourself.

I am always happy to support sellers who do a great job meeting or exceeding my expectations so I typically post up the contents of the mystery boxes I get from Jason when I get them. I don't think it's fair to voice my like for his past sales threads to not post what I got. In almost all cases he has met or exceeded the FMV of $150 or whatever I spent in my opinion. I do notice not a lot of people post the contents of their boxes and I assumed they wanted to keep it secret for flipping purposes but maybe people were not getting their value from them. I don't like getting far less then I expected but I'm more concerned Jason isn't returning PMs or defending himself in the PM thread or on here. I'm hoping he is just swamped processing the new collections and nothing worse.

I know this is slightly a moot point since mystery boxes are not outlawed but I wanted to clear the air in terms of how my last mystery box turned out. I posted my previous mystery box contents which I felt was way light in value and Jason let me know he would make it right in my free second box. Here is what I received from the two boxes:

IMG_1437_zpswldo5se3.jpg

IMG_1438_zpsazojiakj.jpg

IMG_1439_zpslh3mgrak.jpg

The key books are fairly rough but complete and readable except for the DD 158 which is right on the edge of high grade. I will have to say this is the best $150 box I've ever gotten from Jason but it was his Birthday thread so maybe it was his intent to wow people with the second box. But to fair I thought it was important to show the good after showing the bad.

What did you pay for that and would you have paid for it if the contents were disclosed from the beginning?

I paid $150 for what is shown. Would I have paid for it if it was shown in an auction? I'd have been on the fence since I've already got tons of TPBs and random books but the low grade key books would have paid for my investment and the rest would have been fun reading and the figures look fun - so I'd say yes to buying it in an auction but just barely.

I am always happy to support sellers who do a great job meeting or exceeding my expectations so I typically post up the contents of the mystery boxes I get from Jason when I get them. I don't think it's fair to voice my like for his past sales threads to not post what I got. In almost all cases he has met or exceeded the FMV of $150 or whatever I spent in my opinion. I do notice not a lot of people post the contents of their boxes and I assumed they wanted to keep it secret for flipping purposes but maybe people were not getting their value from them. I don't like getting far less then I expected but I'm more concerned Jason isn't returning PMs or defending himself in the PM thread or on here. I'm hoping he is just swamped processing the new collections and nothing worse.

I know this is slightly a moot point since mystery boxes are not outlawed but I wanted to clear the air in terms of how my last mystery box turned out. I posted my previous mystery box contents which I felt was way light in value and Jason let me know he would make it right in my free second box. Here is what I received from the two boxes:

IMG_1437_zpswldo5se3.jpg

IMG_1438_zpsazojiakj.jpg

IMG_1439_zpslh3mgrak.jpg

The key books are fairly rough but complete and readable except for the DD 158 which is right on the edge of high grade. I will have to say this is the best $150 box I've ever gotten from Jason but it was his Birthday thread so maybe it was his intent to wow people with the second box. But to fair I thought it was important to show the good after showing the bad.

so wait are the two pictures everything that was in the free box?

That sounds like a free mystery box offer to me! :takeit:

Also the other kind of free mystery box, I'll need a bunch of booze first, but I might take that too.

Edited by Doktor

Well, paying for boxes is always, at best, an iffy proposition & probably a bad idea, but free box? I don't think anyone here is trying to ban anyone from offering free box.

Edited by Doktor

Also the other kind of free mystery box, I'll need a bunch of booze first, but I might take that too.

:sorry:

Mystery boxes are banned :(

Just buy the mystery box off brock's website they are free and went live about 15s ago.

Well, paying for boxes is always a bad idea, but free box? I don't think anyone here is trying to ban anyone from offering free box.

FREE box?! Love to hit that.....usually it takes at least 1 dinner.

Well, paying for boxes is always a bad idea, but free box? I don't think anyone here is trying to ban anyone from offering free box.

FREE box?! Love to hit that.....usually it takes at least 1 dinner.

You just gotta time it just right when you make your move at the bar.

:sorry:

Mystery boxes are banned :(

Just buy the mystery box off brock's website they are free and went live about 15s ago.

:D www.columbiacomics.com :D

The Mystery Boxes are not really a probation matter unless you do not receive the box.

That being said I bought one the past time, for the 1st time and knew it was a gamble.

It is, to coin a phrase from Dave Ramsey "stupid tax"

I received 38 VG to F+ war comics.

No refund asked for needed or anything to make it better. Just a life lesson learned.

Did I expect a 9.8 ASM 300 or anything like that NO

Did I expect 38 mid grade comics NO

Is it my fault for buying a Mystery Box YES

The Mystery Boxes are not really a probation matter unless you do not receive the box.

That being said I bought one the past time, for the 1st time and knew it was a gamble.

It is, to coin a phrase from Dave Ramsey "stupid tax"

I received 38 VG to F+ war comics.

No refund asked for needed or anything to make it better. Just a life lesson learned.

Did I expect a 9.8 ASM 300 or anything like that NO

Did I expect 38 mid grade comics NO

Is it my fault for buying a Mystery Box YES

1. it's all a moot point because mystery boxes are no longer allowed.

2. If someone promised a mystery box with a value of $500 and you got a mystery box full of german newpaper, it certainly would be probation worthy especially if the seller stated the box value in the terms of the transactions.

Closest I got to a mystery box burn was I bought a TPB mystery box for like $50 with a stated value of at least double that. What I got was 10 TPBs ( a few of which were really just square bound 80 pagers) and 1 HC (all of which could be found in any of 100 differet $5 TPB boxes. But their retail stated value was over $150. Lesson learned. Worst case I broke even or so, but had some iffy reads for a few days of stuff I never would have bought for myself.

What does it mean "a moot point"? I see "moot" means "open to discussion" or "controversial" but can’t figure out the precise meaning in english. hm

Is routinely misused in English, making the word itself moot.

huh, look at that. I never knew I was using it improperly!

(and to think I was making fun of the people that say "mute"!)

moot means that you can argue forever and not reach an agreement

Most people think it means the opposite, that the point is settled and not worth arguing