• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,601 posts in this topic

Hi guys

My first GA book! :whee: Not as pretty as Boba's (worship) but the difference is this ones MINE! :banana:

And this thread needed a bump!

Me jealous. Big congrats. :applause:

Hi guys

My first GA book! :whee: Not as pretty as Boba's (worship) but the difference is this ones MINE! :banana:

WW7_zps2agxnrjr.jpg

Beautiful looking copy for a lower grade that's for sure. (thumbs u

I'm honored you have such high regard for my copy, but rest assured there are folks here that have copies of their own that are quite nice as well. That's a great book to have.

Congrats! :golfclap:

On the newsstand 73 years ago July 22nd 1942.......

19927616382_47c21ce444_b.jpg

This beauty also hit the newsstands on that day.

18804351020_42bd33a86e_b.jpg

I got this a couple weeks ago but I wanted to wait till it's anniversary to post it.

She's missing the last page (a repro glued in), but I still love her. Maybe someday I'll find that missing page.

19162164454_c3b9d37106_b.jpg

19596745500_7ea2428d4b_b.jpg

Quick group shot:

19314569583_97ae46bee1_b.jpg

Hi guys

WW7_zps2agxnrjr.jpg

Any idea what happened to the lower right corner? I'm assuming that's what caused such a sharp looking book to grade so low.

Just in general, I love books like that when I hit them... Sharp books with one minor flaw that drops the cost way down but are otherwise great. I've got a Venus 11 with about a 3 inch tear in the back cover that would probably otherwise be a 7.0 or so... that I paid a 2.0 price for.

Thanks guys for the congrats. There is a small tear on the cover but the lion share grade hit is the missing piece taht goes through the book. No idea why someone would do that, but it worked out for me! :cloud9:

The spine of the book is so pristine it is begging me to be cracked out and read :frustrated:

Knightsofold : Nice Reveal! (worship)

That's a gorgeous copy of #1! Beautiful colors on that cover.

My guess about the clipped corner on the #7 is a candy store owner did it to sell in the back issues pile.

I don't know how common it was but I remember store owners that clipped the corners and sold the books as back-issues. I don't know why they didn't just tear the titles off and return the books like so many others, maybe they made more money that way. (shrug)