• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Okay...i just typed out a long and brilliant post on a new bacon flavored hot sauce and got kicked off the boards and lost it...the text and my mind....

Do you ever make salsa or hot sauce from scratch using fresh or canned peppers? I'm looking for some good recipes.

Slsa yes...hot sauce I did once...but the reeks in the house,well pungent gas(not from my bottom) from cooking it up made the wife put an end to that.

Are you looking for a fresh chopped salsa,like pico de gallo ,or a cooked,like comes in a jar style ???

Okay...i just typed out a long and brilliant post on a new bacon flavored hot sauce and got kicked off the boards and lost it...the text and my mind....

Do you ever make salsa or hot sauce from scratch using fresh or canned peppers? I'm looking for some good recipes.

Slsa yes...hot sauce I did once...but the reeks in the house,well pungent gas(not from my bottom) from cooking it up made the wife put an end to that.

Are you looking for a fresh chopped salsa,like pico de gallo ,or a cooked,like comes in a jar style ???

Cooked (I think).

You know what would be excellent? That hot green salsa for chips that you find in Mexican restaurants. I can never find it in the stores.

Recently, someone brought over some bright yellow salsa from SF that was almost too hot to eat - I'd never seen it before. I thought that would work well for cooking too.

Edited by Ditch Fahrenheit

bIJdb0U.png

Panel Me This!

Round 12

1) All are welcome. If you can find this thread, you can play.

2) First person to identify the comic book by time-stamped post in this thread wins the round. As usual, we are pretty casual about exact names, misspellings, etc.

3) This round will start with 5 points and will increase by 2 points for each additional panel reveal.

4) Hints and additional panels will be given as necessary until solved.

5) You may guess as many times as you like.

6) Have fun. Stupid comments, unrelated gifs and memes, teasing, and the usual nonsense are strongly encouraged. :grin:

0lg2o3d.jpg

Current Value: 5 Points

Qn4BGSI.jpg

Current Value: 7 Points

Damn. Just went to the store to pick up some groceries; beautiful summer day, windows open, Drop Dead Legs blasting from my speakers, pretty girls in short shorts everywhere. It doesn't get much better than this. :cloud9:

Anyway, I digress.

New panel in 15 minutes.

bIJdb0U.png

Panel Me This!

Round 12

2) First person to identify the comic book by time-stamped post in this thread wins the round. As usual, we are pretty casual about exact names, misspellings, etc.

3) This round will start with 5 points and will increase by 2 points for each additional panel reveal.

6) Have fun. Stupid comments, unrelated gifs and memes, teasing, and the usual nonsense are strongly encouraged. :grin:

0lg2o3d.jpg

Qn4BGSI.jpg

gUHDCZX.jpg

Current Value: 9 Points

I dont really dabble in the cooked salsa...but anytime you want a pico Dr gallo recipe,I did work in a Mexican restaurant for almost 20 years...

For the green salsa,I know two differend kinds...one,the spicier..

Find a tin of stewed jalapeño peppers,the one with carrots in it.ive seen small babyfood sized tims and jumbo,like canned ketchup sized.Simply blend this up with a touch of salt and garlic.

The milder,but still zippy...

Take one small tin of above.If you can find tinned tomatilla green tomatos of the same size,great..use one of those...if the larger are only available,measure it out...the more you add,the less spicy.Blend these all together,put in a pot on low,add juice of halve a lime,two cloves of garlic,minced(or a teaspoon of already crushed in oil if you like,have it)quarter teaspoon of salt if .add a tablespoon of fresh chopped cilantro leaves ,bring to a slow boil and remove from heat.Dont overcook,or even better,add the cilantro around half way through...as if it cooks too much it gets very bitter.

For a nice,spicier version,use a small tin of chipolte peppers in adobo sauce rather than the jalapeño,blend everything till smooth,leave out the cilantro(fresh) and simmer for half an hour on medium low.

Small note..the tomitillo I use usually have some cilantro as an ingredient.

LMK if you try either,enjoy.

The chipolte sauce above I usually have as a sauce on top of enchiladas,chimichangas,burrito s ect.

Adding a half can of creamed corn to it when blending really adds a nice,sweet rich taste.

Jimmers

I dont really dabble in the cooked salsa...but anytime you want a pico Dr gallo recipe,I did work in a Mexican restaurant for almost 20 years...

For the green salsa,I know two differend kinds...one,the spicier..

Find a tin of stewed jalapeño peppers,the one with carrots in it.ive seen small babyfood sized tims and jumbo,like canned ketchup sized.Simply blend this up with a touch of salt and garlic.

The milder,but still zippy...

Take one small tin of above.If you can find tinned tomatilla green tomatos of the same size,great..use one of those...if the larger are only available,measure it out...the more you add,the less spicy.Blend these all together,put in a pot on low,add juice of halve a lime,two cloves of garlic,minced(or a teaspoon of already crushed in oil if you like,have it)quarter teaspoon of salt if .add a tablespoon of fresh chopped cilantro leaves ,bring to a slow boil and remove from heat.Dont overcook,or even better,add the cilantro around half way through...as if it cooks too much it gets very bitter.

For a nice,spicier version,use a small tin of chipolte peppers in adobo sauce rather than the jalapeño,blend everything till smooth,leave out the cilantro(fresh) and simmer for half an hour on medium low.

Small note..the tomitillo I use usually have some cilantro as an ingredient.

LMK if you try either,enjoy.

The chipolte sauce above I usually have as a sauce on top of enchiladas,chimichangas,burrito s ect.

Adding a half can of creamed corn to it when blending really adds a nice,sweet rich taste.

Jimmers

Thank you Jimmers!

I'm going to try the spicier version first if I can find stewed jalapenos. I love that stuff.

bIJdb0U.png

Panel Me This!

Round 12

0lg2o3d.jpg

Qn4BGSI.jpg

gUHDCZX.jpg

Hint: Writing, Penciling and Ink were all done by Scotsmen.

bIJdb0U.png

Panel Me This!

Round 12

0lg2o3d.jpg

Qn4BGSI.jpg

gUHDCZX.jpg

Hint: Writing, Penciling and Ink were all done by Scotsmen.

a5jQmNj.jpg

Current Value: 11 Points

Ditch Point Challenge Summary

HarveySwick 120

Ken Aldred 117

RockMyAmadeus 75

seanfingh 38

Batman 31

Bird 25

bababooey 13

jaybuck43 12

jaeldubyoo 11

Griff 10

jpepx78 10

kdoginohio 10

JAM_NYC 8

Park 8

Jeffro 7

jsilverjanet 5

Rune 5

MetalPSI 4

Revat 4

DeadPoolJr. 3

AmazingComics413 2

Gemma 2

Hibou 2

Jazzno 2

spideyfan76 2

BlowUpTheMoon 1

comix4fun 1

porcupine48 1

rjrjr 1

Ditch Point Challenge Summary

HarveySwick 120

Ken Aldred 117

RockMyAmadeus 75

seanfingh 38

Batman 31

Bird 25

bababooey 13

jaybuck43 12

jaeldubyoo 11

Griff 10

jpepx78 10

kdoginohio 10

JAM_NYC 8

Park 8

Jeffro 7

jsilverjanet 5

Rune 5

MetalPSI 4

Revat 4

DeadPoolJr. 3

AmazingComics413 2

Gemma 2

Hibou 2

Jazzno 2

spideyfan76 2

BlowUpTheMoon 1

comix4fun 1

porcupine48 1

rjrjr 1

[+]

bIJdb0U.png

Panel Me This!

Round 13

i1Z0gY5.jpg