• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

There were a few other low results yesterday. I thought the Showgirls 2 went low, for instance. Mother's Day effect? (shrug)

You could go crazy trying to second guess the final value differences on Timely/Atlas GGA humor comics. One week a random book sells for more or less guide, and the next week the same issue in similar shape sells for 6X guide, or it goes the other direction. I completely understand why these are frequently sold in an auction format ( especially in VG to FN), as one never knows when they'll hit the jackpot.

There were a few other low results yesterday. I thought the Showgirls 2 went low, for instance. Mother's Day effect? (shrug)

Keep in mind that the latest eBay Millie 1 cover was off centered in a big way. Don't know about you guys, but I tend to shy away from books like that.

Keep in mind that the latest eBay Millie 1 cover was off centered in a big way. Don't know about you guys, but I tend to shy away from books like that.

I don't know that that degree of miswrap would have much of an effect on demand for a VG copy of a GA book.

I still have dreams of completing my Patsy and Millie sets. Not sure that will ever happen but it would be some undertaking. :wishluck:

My Millie set that I want to complete focuses on pre DeCarlo and DeCarlo. Once Stan Goldberg took over the artwork, I'm no longer interested in the books. I lack about 18 issues at this time.

I have Patsy #1-30 and tons of scattered issues after that but I am not pursuing a complete run.

For Millie, my target books also include Showgirls and A Date with Millie (1st series.) 2nd series is Goldberg. I also collect all the pre DeCarlo appearances in Joker, Gay, Comedy, and the other teen titles. I like the pre DeCarlo stories because they're written like 1940's movie comedies and have a variety of storylines and crossovers, like Jeanie visits Millie, Millie runs into Hedy when a producer tries to put Millie in the movies. Yes, I actually read them!

Once Stan and Dan got the formula down, most stories were always Millie and Chili competing for the same modeling job, Chili tries to undermine Millie's chances but Millie always comes out on top. The artwork was great though!

That's some collection! (worship) What are the 18 issues of Millie that your down too? :popcorn:

I still have dreams of completing my Patsy and Millie sets. Not sure that will ever happen but it would be some undertaking. :wishluck:

My Millie set that I want to complete focuses on pre DeCarlo and DeCarlo. Once Stan Goldberg took over the artwork, I'm no longer interested in the books. I lack about 18 issues at this time.

I have Patsy #1-30 and tons of scattered issues after that but I am not pursuing a complete run.

For Millie, my target books also include Showgirls and A Date with Millie (1st series.) 2nd series is Goldberg. I also collect all the pre DeCarlo appearances in Joker, Gay, Comedy, and the other teen titles. I like the pre DeCarlo stories because they're written like 1940's movie comedies and have a variety of storylines and crossovers, like Jeanie visits Millie, Millie runs into Hedy when a producer tries to put Millie in the movies. Yes, I actually read them!

Once Stan and Dan got the formula down, most stories were always Millie and Chili competing for the same modeling job, Chili tries to undermine Millie's chances but Millie always comes out on top. The artwork was great though!

That's some collection! (worship) What are the 18 issues of Millie that your down too? :popcorn:

For Millie, I'm missing 22 issues. That is based only on issues 1-92. 93 is the first Goldberg issue. So of those first 92, I'm missing 30, 33, 38, 41, 42. 50. 52, 53, 54, 59. 60. 61, 62, 64, 65, 68, 69, 70, 71, 75, and 76.

I've been collecting them since about 2006 but I didn't seriously think that I would get close to completing the run so I didn't always make a lot of effort.

I have the complete Irma run and my holdout issue was #26, I don't think it's scarcer than the others, it just happened to be the last issue I was able to find. With Irma, there's one issue that I still need to replace because the pinup was removed. I found a second copy and the pinup was missing in it as well. If you have never seen the pinup and joke pages in the Irma books, Dan often presented Irma more suggestively than he did Millie on similar pages in Millie books. It makes me wonder if that was a particularly nice pinup.

For Millie, I'm missing 22 issues. That is based only on issues 1-92. 93 is the first Goldberg issue. So of those first 92, I'm missing 30, 33, 38, 41, 42. 50. 52, 53, 54, 59. 60. 61, 62, 64, 65, 68, 69, 70, 71, 75, and 76.

I've been collecting them since about 2006 but I didn't seriously think that I would get close to completing the run so I didn't always make a lot of effort.

I have the complete Irma run and my holdout issue was #26, I don't think it's scarcer than the others, it just happened to be the last issue I was able to find. With Irma, there's one issue that I still need to replace because the pinup was removed. I found a second copy and the pinup was missing in it as well. If you have never seen the pinup and joke pages in the Irma books, Dan often presented Irma more suggestively than he did Millie on similar pages in Millie books. It makes me wonder if that was a particularly nice pinup.

I have a complete set of My Friend Irma. If you PM me the issue with the missing pinup, I can send you a scan. I purchased many DeCarlo Millie and Irma comics with missing pages. :blush: I started collecting the DeCarlo books after I retired and discovered the wonderful CGC boards.

Nice! I still need a lot of issues for my Millie run. The final prices in a lot of recent auctions have me thinking I will never finish this set. I only have one issue of Irma. :cry:

I have a few of the ones your looking for....(not for sale. :foryou: )

7fabd89f20708c53d7fd58911e4f2293_zpse7c3b62f.jpg[/img]

8aa864c90c11be2de7a9d84f813effe4_zpsbdadeff2.jpg[/img]

Did anyone on the boards pick up those cool Hap Hazards on the bay yesterday? I didn't realize they were so hot. I thought I bid pretty good on them but they went a little crazy. I have the two I want the most but thought I'd pick up some more. These "teen-age" books seem to be really heating up.

Here is my favorite. #14. Took me quite a while to get it but got it pretty reasonable. Nice Feldstein cover kind of like Junior or Sunny.

comhaphazzard14_zpsrecyurwx.jpg