• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

Way cool! :applause:

Some cool books from Bedrock:

RangersComics017_zps1kiafaft.jpg

Thanks Gents!!! (thumbs u

You are right BP that Reds on that one are insane!!! Nice pickup!!

Hold on be right back...Strange as it Seems I have a sudden urge to use the facilities after seeing Sqeggs book :D

Posted these over in CG, but thought they might get more love here. Picked them all up from one dealer at the flea market.

This one is super clean, and the colors are so great in hand.

153xyti.jpg

This one has a detached cover, but since it was about the same price as a coverless copy, and it still looks nice in a bag, I couldn't pass it up.

b4unua.jpg

And this one, beat but complete!

2vb1nup.jpg

I've only dabbled in GA in the past, but lately find myself having dangerous thoughts of selling everything off and putting it all back into GA! As a young man I just assumed that the books would be out of my range, but I've realized that there are nicely presenting low/mid copies available in my budget. Dangerous stuff! But I really love the size, the paper, and the colors.

Thanks for looking!

FFF

Posted these over in CG, but thought they might get more love here. Picked them all up from one dealer at the flea market.

153xyti.jpg

This one has a detached cover, but since it was about the same price as a coverless copy, and it still looks nice in a bag, I couldn't pass it up.

b4unua.jpg

2vb1nup.jpg

I've only dabbled in GA in the past, but lately find myself having dangerous thoughts of selling everything off and putting it all back into GA! As a young man I just assumed that the books would be out of my range, but I've realized that there are nicely presenting low/mid copies available in my budget. Dangerous stuff! But I really love the size, the paper, and the colors.

Thanks for looking!

FFF

Great books!

Don't stop now; a vast new world of ... SPENDING ... I mean wonderful books! awaits you. :D

Happy to have finally landed a copy of this book last night off of the Bay...

18832286213_569f9223f7_b.jpg

Wow Gino what a snag! I remember when books like that went for "guide". They had very little interest. I grabbed them when I could find them but that ship has sailed. That is the last Gleason I think I need for that title. I just picked up this from a local guy in a trade. Love the "skull" spider in lower right corner.

comsilverstreak15_zps9c5f59b9.jpg

153xyti.jpg

b4unua.jpg

2vb1nup.jpg

Thanks for looking!

FFF

Wow, nice flea market score! I rarely see books that early at flea markets but seems like about once a year I get a little pile. SA and BA as well as Dells turn up most here. Has he got any more?

I had actually stopped going to the flea market altogether for many years because there weren't many books, except for drek. I happened to be in the area for the Memorial Day market, and was surprised by the number of dealers, so I put it back on my calendar. This weekend was mostly like what I remembered, only two or three dealers with anything worth buying, and only this one guy with the GA. He mostly had bronze and copper keys, with a smattering of SA, and a handful of GA books. He has a couple more GL's I'm thinking about, but they're a little nicer, and therefore pricier.

Love 'em both but am a little partial to that Strange Worlds #2. Love the 4 eyed guy and that purple is beautiful!

I've always had a sweet spot for purple covers. And there's some nice Wood art inside, I thus favor it a little over the Batman.

153xyti.jpg

b4unua.jpg

2vb1nup.jpg

Thanks for looking!

FFF

All three are excellent examples of the GA. I particularly like the SS and the Adv. I sold off a bunch of DC GA lately, but kept the SS and Adventures in the genre you've just acquired. Love that period

Happy to have finally landed a copy of this book last night off of the Bay...

18832286213_569f9223f7_b.jpg

Wow Gino what a snag! I remember when books like that went for "guide". They had very little interest. I grabbed them when I could find them but that ship has sailed. That is the last Gleason I think I need for that title. I just picked up this from a local guy in a trade. Love the "skull" spider in lower right corner.

comsilverstreak15_zps9c5f59b9.jpg

Thanks brother!! That is a fantastic copy you have there I too love the Skull Spider!!! :grin: (thumbs u

153xyti.jpg

b4unua.jpg

2vb1nup.jpg

Thanks for looking!

FFF

Great books!

Don't stop now; a vast new world of ... SPENDING ... I mean wonderful books! awaits you. :D

No truer words have ever been spoken :D Great great flea market finds right there gotta love those Simon/Kirby Adventures!!

Love 'em both but am a little partial to that Strange Worlds #2. Love the 4 eyed guy and that purple is beautiful!

+1 that is a beautiful copy right there!!! Love the Bats too though nice books!!