• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is considered Key Magazine Issues?
2 2

90 posts in this topic

I'd like to revive this thread and mention Vampirella #1 Annual- origin issue

I think of this book just as important as Vampi #1.

I had that book. I'm not sure I'd consider it a key. It's certainly pricey, but I attribute that mostly to it being scarce rather than being a key.

I beg to differ. It was a new or improved origin for Vampirella. I wasn't considering the scarcity in high grade or price tag. Though if I would have to give my raw beauty a grade, it would be in that 9.2ish area. Which does make me a happy camper indeed. :cloud9:

+1 the annual one is tough to find in high grade but it is important to the run of Vampi as it is her true origin. Oak--how long did it take you to hunt down a high grade copy? I see more issue 1s up for sale in high grade than the annual.

I'd like to revive this thread and mention Vampirella #1 Annual- origin issue

I think of this book just as important as Vampi #1.

I had that book. I'm not sure I'd consider it a key. It's certainly pricey, but I attribute that mostly to it being scarce rather than being a key.

I beg to differ. It was a new or improved origin for Vampirella. I wasn't considering the scarcity in high grade or price tag. Though if I would have to give my raw beauty a grade, it would be in that 9.2ish area. Which does make me a happy camper indeed. :cloud9:

+1 the annual one is tough to find in high grade but it is important to the run of Vampi as it is her true origin. Oak--how long did it take you to hunt down a high grade copy? I see more issue 1s up for sale in high grade than the annual.

Actually I just kind of fell onto it at Wondercon, and it was so pretty I couldn't pass it up. It's looking pretty good in my Vampi run. :cloud9:

Has anyone come across a copy of warrior 1? 1982. I am looking for it if anyone has a lead. This is the first V for Vendetta so I would call a key since it is in magazine form

Has anyone come across a copy of warrior 1? 1982. I am looking for it if anyone has a lead. This is the first V for Vendetta so I would call a key since it is in magazine form

Is it not available on ebay? There's usually one. Also first Alan Moore Marvelman -- definitely a key magazine (to me, anyway, I realize there are US-only collectors out there...)

It might not be true to grade, but this might be as close as a nice copy as you can find ! I've never seen any high grade copies floating around on e-bay or here on the boards. I own two copies myself one low grade & the other a nice mid-grade copy, been searching for years to up grade my copies but no luck :( Hope you find your copy someday :wishluck:

On 7/7/2015 at 10:39 AM, Leannlover said:

Try.

http://dezskinn.com/quality-comms/

Don't know what issue numbers they still have but any that they do still stock will be unread/undamaged.

Very much not sure if this still applies, but when I filled in the last of my holes on Warrior a few years ago the ones from Dez had price stickers on the covers.  They were otherwise very nice copies.

Other note:  When I say filled in holes, I still haven't turned up a copy of Warrior 27 that was actually a flip book on an issue (I can't remember which one) of Comics international.  That's a tricky one...

It was an interesting thread to go through several years after the fact. Lots of keys but some I'm not overly interested in. Some observations.

Blazing Combat #1 is not that difficult to find in higher grades. It's just expensive in 6.0 or higher but they are there if you are willing to pay the prices.

I vaguely remember the Dreadstar TV series being mentioned. I'm going to guess its currently "dead" since there is no current news on it.

I'm pretty sure we can say Marvel Preview #4 and #7 are 100% key books now.

Where the hell is the Heidi Saha book now that I finally have one? lol

Heidi should be a key too! :cry:

Edited by N e r V

37 minutes ago, N e r V said:

It was an interesting thread to go through several years after the fact. Lots of keys but some I'm not overly interested in. Some observations.

Blazing Combat #1 is not that difficult to find in higher grades. It's just expensive in 6.0 or higher but they are there if you are willing to pay the prices.

I vaguely remember the Dreadstar TV series being mentioned. I'm going to guess its currently "dead" since there is no current news on it.

I'm pretty sure we can say Marvel Preview #4 and #7 are 100% key books now.

Where the hell is the Heidi Saha book now that I finally have one? lol

Heidi should be a key too! :cry:

I don't know if it's a key or not, maybe more like a curiosity.