• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Should be easy for me to find one then (or two!) :P

With those kind of extreme high grade census numbers, its definitely a book you can be patient with.

-J.

Yeah patiently wait and pay more later. This book I'm glad I picked up last year in NM.

These are already looking like speculative/ hype prices based on Marvel's recently announced decision to call the character "Wolverine" for a while in a new title.

Additionally, the overabundance of nearly 1000 9.8 slabs on the census (and counting) will always keep this book's price in check.

-J.

Yah, I used to think the same thing with New Mutants #98 and look how that turned out. :frustrated: I say if you can buy NYX 3 do it now.

The characters are not in the same league at all, and how have things really turned out for NM 98?

NM 98, a Copper book, is 13 years older than NYX 3, with (currently) 1966, 9.8+ copies on the census, representing 26% of total copies.

NYX 3 is a modern book, released in the CGC slabbing era, that already has 925, 9.8+ copies on the census, representing 48% of total copies. Those numbers exceed even The Walking Dead 1 (in fact, a far more appropriate potential comparison, but still, not really), which itself has "only" 809, 9.8+ copies (138 less than NYX 3) on the census representing 36% of total copies.

As popular as Deadpool is, with multiple hit titles, variants, crossovers, movie appearances, etc, NM 98 still cannot reach $750 consistently in a 9.8. NM 98's massive census numbers in a 9.8 also keep its price level in check.

X-23, as a female derivation of an existing character will have an even greater task maintaining these speculative price levels as even more 9.8 copies of the book continue to hit the census, let alone if the newly launched title and attempt at character re-branding is anything less than a blockbuster when it is released, and even more so when the actual Wolverine is inevitably resurrected.

In other words, patience with that book is a no-brainer.

-J.

I remember seeing this book on the rack and realizing how important she could be. There was no hype surrounding her and she was in a title people didnt really care about. I do not know the print run but I would rather have Nyx 3 over a NM 98 any day. The only thing I dont get s why Nyx 4 isnt wortha bit more?

Edited by MrWeen

With those kind of extreme high grade census numbers, its definitely a book you can be patient with.

-J.

Yeah patiently wait and pay more later. This book I'm glad I picked up last year in NM.

These are already looking like speculative/ hype prices based on Marvel's recently announced decision to call the character "Wolverine" for a while in a new title.

Additionally, the overabundance of nearly 1000 9.8 slabs on the census (and counting) will always keep this book's price in check.

-J.

Yah, I used to think the same thing with New Mutants #98 and look how that turned out. :frustrated: I say if you can buy NYX 3 do it now.

The characters are not in the same league at all, and how have things really turned out for NM 98?

NM 98, a Copper book, is 13 years older than NYX 3, with (currently) 1966, 9.8+ copies on the census, representing 26% of total copies.

NYX 3 is a modern book, released in the CGC slabbing era, that already has 925, 9.8+ copies on the census, representing 48% of total copies. Those numbers exceed even The Walking Dead 1 (in fact, a far more appropriate potential comparison, but still, not really), which itself has "only" 809, 9.8+ copies (138 less than NYX 3) on the census representing 36% of total copies.

As popular as Deadpool is, with multiple hit titles, variants, crossovers, movie appearances, etc, NM 98 still cannot reach $750 consistently in a 9.8. NM 98's massive census numbers in a 9.8 also keep its price level in check.

X-23, as a female derivation of an existing character will have an even greater task maintaining these speculative price levels as even more 9.8 copies of the book continue to hit the census, let alone if the newly launched title and attempt at character re-branding is anything less than a blockbuster when it is released, and even more so when the actual Wolverine is inevitably resurrected.

-J.

I remember seeing this book on the rack and realizing how important she could be. There was no hype surrounding her and she was in a title people didnt really care about. I do not know the print run but I would rather have Nyx 3 over a NM 98 any day. The only thing I dont get s why Nyx 4 isnt wortha bit more?

I do not know the print run but I would rather have Nyx 3 over a NM 98 any day.

That's a pretty bold statement.

I like the cut of your jib, even though I vehemently disagree on this one.

Both are spectacular Modern Keys.

-J.

-J.

-J.

...and Deadpool is completely original?

dec57ff5-1716-45ab-8903-dcefadbee19b_zpsnrwrufop.jpg

-J.

-J.

-J.

...and Deadpool is completely original?

dec57ff5-1716-45ab-8903-dcefadbee19b_zpsnrwrufop.jpg

the look is similar, as are the career paths, but back story and personality are very different. i don't think deathstroke has a humorous side, but maybe i haven't read enough deathstroke stories. deadpool would just be another anti-hero type without that personality written into the character.

of course, there's a little bit of Lobo in there...

Isn't that always the case? The ones that have zero hype when they first come out seem to always be a hot book.

TMNT,Chew etc. anyone?

Seems there is a different book every week that suddenly breaks out , movie news, own title. Glad I am not a modern day collector (even if I own a few just because I got them when I was reading etc) . Prices are silly but someone is paying them. For the price of a 9.8 of some of these I can buy some good silver or bronze. Wish my copies were high grade, would sell them ASAP and put that money to good use.

Did I stutter in any fashion?

What is 5 Below?

Patrick

Five below is a chain similar to dollar tree and family dollar

Nothing at the store can be more then $5. I was there yesterday and got a Capt America (his Shield) T Shirt for $5 . great deal.

I heard their gonna rename it to the 1:10 store

That is just it, the 1:10 ratio is not true and never was. 1:10 ratio is to buy them, not print them. The publisher is not going to pulp unsold copies just to keep the ratio, they are going to sell them off as best they can. In this case it looks like they are selling them to stores like 5 Below. A good idea if you ask me.

One LCS near me can often get extra copies a week or two after initial release: "I am in good with the DC rep" is what he told me when I asked how this was possible. The Kubert variant for Batman 40 is one example, three more showed up at his store about 2-3 weeks after initial release.

I hear that 5 below also received this letter from marvel for the asm#4 variants

thankyou.jpg

J. Spider-Gwen and lady Thor will be forgotten in a year from now.

I don't necessarily disagree with you.

I'm just pointing out the potential prat falls in buying a book (particularly a modern) at the very peak of hype that's caused by some kind of announcement. Especially when said modern is as ultra common and readily available in a 9.8 as NYX 3 is.

-J.

J. Spider-Gwen and lady Thor will be forgotten in a year from now.

I don't necessarily disagree with you.

I'm just pointing out the potential prat falls in buying a book (particularly a modern) at the very peak of hype that's caused by some kind of announcement. Especially when said modern is as ultra common and readily available in a 9.8 as NYX 3 is.

-J.

agree +100 with both of you. Plus it's really only Jane foster and Gwen Stacy so if you like the characters buy there oriiginal books . Both silver and both better bets.

Nyx is great to own but not at these prices it will always be available.

NYX 3 and 4 are great books, but don't forget X-Men 450 & 451 where she in incorporated clearly into the Marvel Universe.

Wolverine vs X-23 in 450 was pretty important issue.

Sorry for being late to the BA12 9.8 sales discussion, but I sold at auction my 9.8 on the bay and ended on Fathers Day at $1,825.00 and only paid $20.00 in fees!

Harley is still on fire...

R_H

I think you left some $$$ on the table . . . :grin:

Isn't that always the case? The ones that have zero hype when they first come out seem to always be a hot book.

TMNT,Chew etc. anyone?

Not always but it's much better when it happen this way. See Daken...

TMNT,Chew etc. anyone?

Not always but it's much better when it happen this way. See Daken...

:roflmao: Touche'

I like that NO ONE points out how some retailers call in FALSE damages and get HTF variants over and over again each week.

Almost like web sites claiming a book is hot, then to top it off put a obscene price on their copy for sale with no sales data to back it.

You mad bro?

My website turned 2 years ago today. Thank you, I appreciate the praise.

Me? nah :foryou:

I wasn't pointing yours out per say, but if the shoe fits.

Edited by Fastballspecial

NYX 3 and 4 are great books, but don't forget X-Men 450 & 451 where she in incorporated clearly into the Marvel Universe.

Wolverine vs X-23 in 450 was pretty important issue.

Couple of years ago when I traveling to some conventions I stopped at a store in TN. Great guy I went thru a ton of boxes and bought about 200 books. On his wall behind his counter were 3 copies of NYX 3 for $50 each in NM. At the time that was the bleed price for that book. I passed on them.

Cant win them all. :sorry:

Edited by Fastballspecial

-J.

-J.

-J.

I do not know the print run but I would rather have Nyx 3 over a NM 98 any day.

That's a pretty bold statement.

I like the cut of your jib, even though I vehemently disagree on this one.

Both are spectacular Modern Keys.

Here is what I don't like about NM 98:

the print run,

the fact that Rob L was involved,

the paper it is printed on,

the story,

and the fact that is would be worth nothing if not for the work of writers who came later.

Also I am not even sure we can call it a modern.

I like that NO ONE points out how some retailers call in FALSE damages and get HTF variants over and over again each week.

Almost like web sites claiming a book is hot, then to top it off put a obscene price on their copy for sale with no sales data to back it.

You mad bro?

My website turned 2 years ago today. Thank you, I appreciate the praise.

Me? nah :foryou:

I wasn't pointing yours out per say, but if the shoe fits.

I'm more of a crocs kind of guy