• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

He kept senting me several messages BEFORE it was sold wanting to buy it for first 150

then 200. That same day I sold for 740 I emailed him. YES to gloat about making 740.

only because he was a "BLANK BLANK" with no brains and very unrealistic pricing.

YES i admit it. I did brag about

selling the book :(

still his response was strange/weird/ or whatever

started weird / ended weird....

I guess its in my nature to mess with people sometimes. :()

Elektra101

Blocked. Immature behavior at it's finest.

Do you even realize what an :censored: that makes you look like?

Whats even dumber is you came into this thread to tell us about it.

:facepalm:

You know how many people will never deal with you again because of this?

This has gotta be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen on here.

Yep, definitely blocking elektra101 (thumbs u

He kept senting me several messages BEFORE it was sold wanting to buy it for first 150

then 200. That same day I sold for 740 I emailed him. YES to gloat about making 740.

only because he was a "BLANK BLANK" with no brains and very unrealistic pricing.

Elektra101

Do you even realize what an :censored: that makes you look like?

Whats even dumber is you came into this thread to tell us about it.

:facepalm:

You know how many people will never deal with you again because of this?

This has gotta be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen on here.

I agree, it's right up there just below all of the lowballer's posts. :whistle:

Elektra101

Let's not forget i DIDN'T send you a message.... i made an offer, then you declined with your very "nice" words afterwords.. The way I interpreted via the way you posted it on here as if i messaged you PRIOR to making the offer... which NEVER happened. nice try though

Elektra101

You ever seen That 70s show??? well think of Ashton Kutcher saying BURN !!! because you just did that to yourself... im glad you blocked me, but i was about to do it to you prior.....

Edited by Donmeca2020

Elektra101

Let's not forget i DIDN'T send you a message.... i made an offer, then you declined with you offer afterwords i made another offer with a message. The way I interpreted via the way you posted it on here as if i messaged you PRIOR to making the offer... which NEVER happened.

Elektra101

You ever seen That 70s show??? well think of Ashton Kutcher saying BURN !!! because you just did that to yourself... im glad you blocked me, but i was about to do it to you prior.....

Not that Elektra101 behaved in a professional manner...he/she did not...but is it correct that you made a $150 offer on a book that hasn't sold for $150 since 2012, and has a current 12 month average price of $690, and a 90 day average of $700...? And followed it up with a $200 offer...?

If that is true, I'm not quite sure what ground you have to stand on, here.

Elektra101

Let's not forget i DIDN'T send you a message.... i made an offer, then you declined with you offer afterwords i made another offer with a message. The way I interpreted via the way you posted it on here as if i messaged you PRIOR to making the offer... which NEVER happened.

Elektra101

Not that Elektra101 behaved in a professional manner...he/she did not...but is it correct that you made a $150 offer on a book that hasn't sold for $150 since 2012, and has a current 12 month average price of $690, and a 90 day average of $700...? And followed it up with a $200 offer...?

But..but..he increased his offer from a 79% discount off market price to 71%.

That's solid liquefaction territory right there.

Elektra101

Elektra101

It's still BUY IT NOW OR MAKE AND OFFER. it doesn't state anywhere on ebay that the offer has to be a certain amount. while at this point considering the movie is coming out next week, it might climb up in sales with the next few days. i still don't feel i was low balling him. i've bought more expensive books with a Make a offer then even bidding. regardless of the offer i made him, that doesn't mean it's right that he can antagonize someone and gloat about it.

Does that give him the right to do so ??

here's his intiial message. keep in mind after her declined i moved on looking at the same book with other sellers.

thank god I didnt sell it for 200. I got lucky and only got 740.00

thanks again

Scott

- elektra101

afterwords i got this follow up.... sounding very conceited and gloating that apparently he is a "comic expert" so to speak.

lol I sold my last 1 for 740 also. you just don't know prices. I never EXPECTED my asking price. I see you don't understand selling.

I am not here to GIVE my books away cheaply I am here to make money. I don't work for any comic store.

I think I know comics pretty well. Only 30,000 more BOOKS to go and get CGC'ed and make more money.

If you want cheap. ITS a bad time to get into comics. With all these movies they are GOING up.

Anyways!

Good luck

Scott

- elektra101

Elektra101

Elektra101

It's still BUY IT NOW OR MAKE AND OFFER. it doesn't state anywhere on ebay that the offer has to be a certain amount. while at this point considering the movie is coming out next week, it might climb up in sales with the next few days. i still don't feel i was low balling him.

(emphasis added)

Just wanted to make sure all the facts were in before rushing to judgment.

Here are the sales for the last 6 months:

Jun-05-2015 $650 Cert# 1204009033

May-25-2015 $612 Cert# 1203909002

May-24-2015 $717 Cert# 1290478005

May-17-2015 $750 Cert# 0208120010

May-04-2015 $650 Cert# 1301226015

Apr-22-2015 $699 Cert# 1202739004

Apr-17-2015 $799 Cert# 0240986001

Apr-16-2015 $725 Cert# 0208120009

Apr-15-2015 $700 Cert# 1305165020

Apr-09-2015 $700 Cert# 0252230010

Apr-05-2015 $627 Cert# 0247445011

Mar-22-2015 $657 Cert# 1290478003

Mar-22-2015 $710 Cert# 1216468008

Feb-28-2015 $625 Cert# 0232770009

Feb-18-2015 $790 Cert# 1202485012

Feb-03-2015 $820 Cert# 1202485013

Jan-15-2015 $707 Cert# 0243792009

...but you still don't feel a $150, then $200, offer was "low-balling"?

Interesting.

It really comes down to respect, doesn't it...?

Doesn't seem like a big deal. If someone offers you a very low price just decline. Or better yet, set up a threshold that will auto decline any offer lower than a specific number so you won't even have to respond. Low ball offers will not hamper your ability to get fair market value in any way.

And don't take it personally. For them, it's just a numbers game. They know 95% of their offers will be declined. It's that 5% that do accept for whatever reason that make it worthwhile. I've made quite a few of what I consider to be "low ball" offers (around 40-50% lower than asking). Not that many actually decline. They either make a reasonable counteroffer (what I was shooting for to start with) or flat out accept, which is always a nice surprise.

Doesn't seem like a big deal. If someone offers you a very low price just decline. Or better yet, set up a threshold that will auto decline any offer lower than a specific number so you won't even have to respond. Low ball offers will not hamper your ability to get fair market value in any way.

And don't take it personally. For them, it's just a numbers game. They know 95% of their offers will be declined. It's that 5% that do accept for whatever reason that make it worthwhile. I've made quite a few of what I consider to be "low ball" offers (around 40-50% lower than asking). Not that many actually decline. They either make a reasonable counteroffer (what I was shooting for to start with) or flat out accept, which is always a nice surprise.

All true. Taking it personally, and responding with silly messages, is unprofessional and a waste of time.

Nonetheless, offering an insultingly low price on a currently "hot" book is also a waste of time, and disrespectful. If a seller sets a price, especially (and this is key) a price that is at or near current market value, making an offer of 75%+ less than that is rude, whether the seller accepts it or not. There's just no getting around that, any way you look at it.

Setting an "auto-decline" is easy when you have 2-3 items you're selling. Not so much when you have 300.

I just had an offer of $50 for a $2,000 ask. Why waste your and my time with such a frivolous offer? On to the blocked list they went. No fuss, no muss.

I think he understands by now his offer was "low balling" even if he wont admit it.

I think accurate valuations using "auto decline" will eliminate a lot of the headache.

Here is one it wont help. I had a guy last week PM me and tell he was going to hit my BIN on one of my books($70), but he would like several of the reprints I had in other auctions for sale to be included in the sale free.

Now don't get me wrong someone hits a BIN I am more then happy to includes extra books, but when they extra books they want sell for $30-50 each that's a little much and it circumvented my "auto decline" as well.

So while "auto decline" does effectively eliminated maybe 85% of the headaches of lowballing and such it wont get rid of them all.

doesn't eBay limit how many offers you can receive on a listed item as well-- at three offers? What happens after that-- can no one make an offer on your item.

oh-- and as for DonMeca2020 -- don't think for a minute that he "now understands" anything. It has been several months but this is the same person who dared us to Google him and was a general PITA on this and several other threads before. He was not much fun to deal with.

Ebay username: escaflown4

This guy didn't read the description carefully and decided he didn't want the item after receiving it and asked for a return/refund. OK, annoying but fine and I agreed to it and asked him to return the item, promising to refund him when received. All good so far, but he then files a paypal dispute which of course throws my account into a negative balance, so now I can't do any business using Paypal. I have some other transactions I needed to complete which I now can't.

Note to buyers...if you're in a situation like this and the buyer is nice and cooperative, don't file a dispute. It will f up their finances temporarily and will just make them angry and less cooperative

You can get another PayPal account linked to another card/bank account when your account is frozen. PayPal actually mentions this. At least you can pay for the items you've bought.

doesn't eBay limit how many offers you can receive on a listed item as well-- at three offers? What happens after that-- can no one make an offer on your item.

Ebay limits the amount of offers to 3 from each bidder. So even if one person uses up all 3 of their offers, anybody else can still make offers on that item. And the person who used up all of their offers can still hit the Buy It Now to get that same item.

Ebay limits the amount of offers to 3 from each bidder. So even if one person uses up all 3 of their offers, anybody else can still make offers on that item. And the person who used up all of their offers can still hit the Buy It Now to get that same item.

(thumbs u

Elektra101

Elektra101

It's still BUY IT NOW OR MAKE AND OFFER. it doesn't state anywhere on ebay that the offer has to be a certain amount. while at this point considering the movie is coming out next week, it might climb up in sales with the next few days. i still don't feel i was low balling him.

(emphasis added)

Interesting.

I don't keep up with all the current sales on any particular book. as far as respect goes, last i checked this is ebay, you can offer any amount of money you wish. not what someone feels they deserve. if someone doesn't like it, they shouldnt have a buy it now or best offer listed.

I had a car listed on ebay 2 years for $22k... i got low ball offers up the wazoo. i didn't put that person on a list or start saying they owe me a respectable offer. you know why? because you can offer whatever you choose to thats how ebay works, and i of course just brushed it off and continued on.

oh-- and as for DonMeca2020 -- don't think for a minute that he "now understands" anything. It has been several months but this is the same person who dared us to Google him and was a general PITA on this and several other threads before. He was not much fun to deal with.

Oh and Mike... i didn't come to start anything with you or the clique BUT im not gonna be badmouthed. Only reason i stopped 2 months ago is because my parents started getting harassing calls from someone out of the country from this forum.... And i know who it is. so i'll leave it at that.

Elektra101

Elektra101

(emphasis added)

Interesting.

I don't keep up with all the current sales on any particular book. as far as respect goes, last i checked this is ebay, you can offer any amount of money you wish. not what someone feels they deserve. if someone doesn't like it, they shouldnt have a buy it now or best offer listed.

I had a car listed on ebay 2 years for $22k... i got low ball offers up the wazoo. i didn't put that person on a list or start saying they owe me a respectable offer. you know why? because you can offer whatever you choose to thats how ebay works, and i of course just brushed it off and continued on.

Oh and Mike... i didn't come to start anything with you or the clique BUT im not gonna be badmouthed. Only reason i stopped 2 months ago is because my parents started getting harassing calls from someone out of the country from this forum.... And i know who it is. so i'll leave it at that.

People from the boards actually called your parents??? :o:o:o