• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

Local house clearance sale:

Loads of JLA figures - especially Alex Ross, big bag of toy soldiers, some original comic strip art from the Herald Sun newspaper (artist became a TV 'celeb' cook down here - Peter Russell-Clarke), pile of Western Pulps and comics, plus (un-pictured because they are heavy and I could be bothered to take them into a room I'm having redecorated) 25 issues of Guiness Book Of Records ($2 for all 25).

A few other odds and ends - 6 x 1946 UK comics (Playbox) etc etc

P6200005_zpsiaqz6eek.jpg

Local house clearance sale:

Loads of JLA figures - especially Alex Ross, big bag of toy soldiers, some original comic strip art from the Herald Sun newspaper (artist became a TV 'celeb' cook down here - Peter Russell-Clarke), pile of Western Pulps and comics, plus (un-pictured because they are heavy and I could be bothered to take them into a room I'm having redecorated) 25 issues of Guiness Book Of Records ($2 for all 25).

A few other odds and ends - 6 x 1946 UK comics (Playbox) etc etc

P6200005_zpsiaqz6eek.jpg

What's in the bags?

Look at the upper right.

The reprint has more of a rectangle black shape. The original looks more square.

The original always has some white space above the square.

I'll have to double check on the 2013/14 reprint.

I'm glad I double checked on the 2013 reprint. Because after a little detective work, I found out that I have a 2013 reprint that was made to look older and weathered. The main tell was that the copy I recieved has 3 staples and a small imprint of the mailing sticker leftover that was the same size used in 2013. The original always has two staples. Also the reprint has page 3 printed on all copies.

Luckly I know the local owner, contacted him and I'm working something out. Hopefully others don't fall into the same mistake.

A great end to a 3 day weekend!

30ROqMl.jpg?1

I found these gems during a revisit to a flea market booth that I found a monster flicker ring and wolfman pencil topper at a few weeks ago. Just goes to show that one can easily overlook items during a first go around. $1 for all 3 pieces!!!

9Lxg35P.jpg?1

I also picked up a horror movie treasury hardback and two 8mm films from another dealer at a different flea market. Very pleased with the transaction for $11!

jYYn4qZ.jpg?1

Best for last...a grail find for me in the wild... I wandered into an old antique mall and found this beautiful set of famous monsters pins. These are gorgeous! After several minutes of haggling I was able to pick up this set (from its original owner!) on a trade plus $50!

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

Various gumball machine prizes from the 1960's.

Frankenstein pencil topper/charm is the rarest of the batch (hard to find in this color). It has a loop atop its head to wear as a charm or you could simply use it as a pencil topper.

Also pictured is two skull rings. These are fairly common, though I hadn't seen either of these in these colors before now.

Posted my nicer flea market finds in the This Week in Your Collection thread, but here's some other fun stuff I picked up.

First some $1 Maxx books. Always surprised by the prices these bring

29uqfif.jpg

Next, one guy had about five boxes of dealer stock going for $1 each. He had about 25 copies each of the first ten issues of X-Factor...minus 5 and 6, of course. :pullhair:

Anyway, the books were all tremendously bright and nice, BUT many of them had foxing and mold. So I pulled out this small stack of clean books. Nothing amazing, but bright high grade bronze Kirbys for a buck each seemed fair. I planned to return and make him an offer on the rest of the stuff, but somebody beat me to it, as all of the boxes were gone yesterday.

s3olt0.jpg

Another dealer is an old guy who had a store when I was a kid. He sells off his old store stock at 1/2 his original asking price, so Depending on how expensive/cheap the books were back in the 80's, that can be a good or bad thing. Picked up some super crisp Miller DD's at a fair price, as well as three sets of Born Again. One book shy of having a complete newsstand set at well!

2qa36ex.jpg

aavdqb.jpg

2zg9t6q.jpg

Conan lunchbox and a couple of Spidey 45's

i50k80.jpg

And lastly, these aren't comics, but I still like 'em. :whistle:

xazbd0.jpg

I wouldn't mind flipping that Penny.

Ha! The judges would have also accepted "If I found that Penny, I'd pick her up."

Ha! The judges would have also accepted "If I found that Penny, I'd pick her up."

or possibly something involving 'heads or tails'

or possibly something involving 'heads or tails'

:golfclap: I think Revat wins.

jeez, i thought i scored big at a flea market this weekend only to come home, look them up and conclude that i am going to have to put in some elbow grease to make some money on this stack

jeez, i thought i scored big at a flea market this weekend only to come home, look them up and conclude that i am going to have to put in some elbow grease to make some money on this stack

Don't leave us hanging like that.

Details ---- Pics?

We have all been there btw.

well, i have a stack of suicide squad comics for sale in the forum. there is a lot of action on those books generally, i just thought they were fetching a bit more.

at the end of the day i didn't burn money. i did get a nicish Hero For Hire #3, an ASM 347 (which is not as hot as it used to be) and a bunch of mid-80s Batmans/Detectives in nice shape (no keys though). Hard to really know what I paid for them as it was a big pile plus some hardcover books I was buying for my kid, so I'm not sure on which items the seller was being more flexible price-wise. i do know the seller had the same books a month ago and was now asking half as much for them each pre-haggle.