• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Girl - Key Issues

81 posts in this topic

I love that Hughes cover. The last issue in that series does pretty well too, issue 27. I'm having trouble posting an image from my phone

img920_zpsm0cvlr7c.jpg

Oh, how I love me some AH! lol

Not Adam Hughes.

lol fair enough.

I love me some whoever that is! haha

I love that Hughes cover. The last issue in that series does pretty well too, issue 27. I'm having trouble posting an image from my phone

Oh, how I love me some AH! lol

Not Adam Hughes.

lol fair enough.

I love me some whoever that is! haha

Warren Louw, had to look him up and it looks like that's his only DC cover and he's only done one other comic book cover.

http://www.comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=37834

All Star Comics 58 is probably the single most important key followed by Showcase 97-99. I think her name was actually given in Showcase 98.

I had never considered Infinity Inc 7, but it looks like it may have key related value. As for origin it depends on which origin you want to work off. Is she Atlantean? Power Girl has some weird history depending on what you read.

Anyone knows the first meeting of Power Girl and The Huntress?

They are both in All-Star #69, the co-first appearance of The Huntress, but I don't think they met since Huntress was just cameoing in the shadows. Huntress joined the team shortly after, though, so it would have to be somewhere in All-Star #70-72 I'd think.

Nice book Steverams.

Power Girl has been very popular end last 2-3 years.

I do have a really nice Showcase #99 for sale on my sales thread.

All of her All-Star appearances are super mega key issues, as I have been hoarding them for years.
REALLY now? hm

her cleavage, in the mid-70s, was an inspiration for all sorts of sexist covers in the 90s and 2000s. let's not underestimate what an important character she is.

Edited by the blob

Still need to find a nice copy of Showcase 97 but thankfully I got my All-Star Comics 58 before that book went batty.

I think All-Star 59 is worth having, but unfortunately the next "key" is probably Huntress related instead of Power Girl.

I think All-Star 59 is worth having, but unfortunately the next "key" is probably Huntress related instead of Power Girl.

Very true.

The Huntress is the next big key. I could see her in the movies first before Power Girl.