• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

#101 is an important issue: last Kirby cover and very meaningful if you analyze it.

A bit disturbing too, in some way.

Why stop at 102? The Inhumans really wind down at 150, the marriage of Crystal and Quicksilver, but the last, best arc finishes at 178, Galactus fighting the High Evolutionary to protect Counter-Earth, then kicking the Frightful Four out of their building when they get back.

Why stop at 178???

Why not go to 416???

After that it was all fake with "Hero's Reborn" and the Title starting over, that's were my Son and I got off the bus.

Gotta reel them in slowly so they don't fall off the hook :)

Anyone notice the price bumps for FF #5 lately?

CGC grades are on the up and up.

My CGC 5.0 I just bought last month is selling for $200 more.

Yeah, I looked at the prices for FF 5 the other day. Good to see it gaining even a little bit of momentum.

I wish the same could be said for the surrounding issues. GPA is really low vs OSPG in midgrades on many of the circle 12 issues. At least in the case of the copies that I have (4.5-6.0).

Richard usually doesn't pimp his books on the boards, but he sure does have some FANTASTIC copies of many of the early FF'S on his site www.bedrockcity.com ....... including a CGC 9.0 copy of FF1. People cackle and crow about how tough Hulk 1 is...... but show me another FF 1 in 9.0..... and it's a beaut ....... GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

They are super-sweet. I wonder why the FF#1 in CGC 9.0 doesn’t show up in the search for me (unless I do a specific targeted search, now that you have told me). hm

Anyone notice the price bumps for FF #5 lately?

CGC grades are on the up and up.

My CGC 5.0 I just bought last month is selling for $200 more.

Yeah, I looked at the prices for FF 5 the other day. Good to see it gaining even a little bit of momentum.

I wish the same could be said for the surrounding issues. GPA is really low vs OSPG in midgrades on many of the circle 12 issues. At least in the case of the copies that I have (4.5-6.0).

True, and I was very surprised when I ran into this. I think there is a lot of value in those books, and they're going for a song currently!

Colors and eye appeal on that copy are top notch. Kudos to the buyer!

Green with envy,

Dan

thanks, dan, and the rest of y'all. now to upgrade the 4 and i'll be just right.

It‘s really a great copy – best luck on the auction for your undercopy. (thumbs u

Here's my FF 48. It has been with me for a long time but I never came around to post a pic of it.

DSC_0003%20857x1280_zpske2dxcct.jpg

I just love the centering… Would you trade it with mine? lol

(tsk) No Claudio, I kinda like that copy. lol