• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Hot Wheels 1977/1980 - Anybody collect these?

68 posts in this topic

I want to see!

Are you aware of the mga enterprises Marvel Authentic?Steel cars,with a mini comic included.There were four in the series AF15 ,ToS 39,Hulk 181 and GSXM 1.....I found a bunch in a Walmart discontinued bin,opened an extra....the comic only has four or five pages and then you go to a site to read the rest.that sucked.2007 i believe.

Yep, I bought Wolverine and an X-Men Authentics when they were on clearance, and I think I have them somewhere. Didn't like the Iron Man car at all and I think the ASM was sold out. I thought there were more than 4, but that's probably because there *seemed* like there should be more.

It's not the one in this box is it (Dillon Punisher)? I can't be bothered to take it down to check.

2aj8gw6.jpg

Iron Man has a variant: two interior colors. The one on the left has a tan interior. The one on the right has a red interior.

When you push down on the back of the car it clicks and stays low. When you push again it clicks back up.

I don't think there's a blue (1977) version of this car. I've never seen one.

28iqph4.jpg

This was my favorite one to play with when I was a kid.

The entire body pops up, funny car style, so you can see the frame, seat and engine inside.

Big fat black back tires. So cool.

34rdrw0.jpg

Pic of Surfer mayhaps?

I was hoping G.A.tor would post a pic of his Surfer :baiting: but…

Here are my Surfers.

The one on the left was sold to me as a "Gold variant". I'm pretty sure it's just a "Gold blister variant". lol

dtvtt.jpg

Pic of Surfer mayhaps?

I was hoping G.A.tor would post a pic of his Surfer :baiting: but…

Here are my Surfers.

The one on the left was sold to me as a "Gold variant". I'm pretty sure it's just a "Gold blister variant". lol

dtvtt.jpg

I've never photo'd mine, but guess I will now lol

I want to see!

Are you aware of the mga enterprises Marvel Authentic?Steel cars,with a mini comic included.There were four in the series AF15 ,ToS 39,Hulk 181 and GSXM 1.....I found a bunch in a Walmart discontinued bin,opened an extra....the comic only has four or five pages and then you go to a site to read the rest.that sucked.2007 i believe.

Yep, I bought Wolverine and an X-Men Authentics when they were on clearance, and I think I have them somewhere. Didn't like the Iron Man car at all and I think the ASM was sold out. I thought there were more than 4, but that's probably because there *seemed* like there should be more.

It's not the one in this box is it (Dillon Punisher)? I can't be bothered to take it down to check.

2aj8gw6.jpg

No,thats not the one...darn,maybe ill take pics and use someone elses PC...

I just noticed that as well!I only opened my Xmen extra ,so im not certain what is inside that one...

A little off topic,but last year Hot Wheels released classic cereal cars....boo berry,count chocula,Trix...

No Frankenberry though.I have a Frankenberry Hot Wheels from 2000 ,maybe that is why?

I just noticed that as well!I only opened my Xmen extra ,so im not certain what is inside that one...

A little off topic,but last year Hot Wheels released classic cereal cars....boo berry,count chocula,Trix...

No Frankenberry though.I have a Frankenberry Hot Wheels from 2000 ,maybe that is why?

I saw those they are awesome. Candy bars too. Good thinking on their part.

They can be. Just like comics, it's all about condition. You can get loose ones for a couple bucks, punched ones for a bit more, and the unpunched cards are most expensive, especially if you're bidding against another guy who needs that one.

Some of these only come up every year or two if that.

Here's one I didn't know about until recently: the Spider-Man 'Trail Busters' RV on the right. (Image from the internet - not mine (unfortunately).

The packaging isn't as vibrant (and not Marvel branded) as the Scene Machines, but still really cool.

IMG_1073.jpg