• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Did you agree to the half payment or is that all you got and he decided he would send you the rest later? If you didn't agree to it, I would have thought the 18th.

I didn't agree to the half refund. That's all he sent then told me he would pay me the other half plus return shipping in less than a week. The 1/2 refund was made on the 20th. Since he only sent 1/2 I told him okay and hope to see payment in a few days. No word since then. I only agreed to half because that's all he sent. I can't force him to refund the full payment when he only sent half.

He stated he is a well respected member on here and had many dealings with ga items and people will vouch for him and his shipping. This was all in talks about how he didn't adequately protect the comics for shipping.

Edited by John91C

Sounds like weak tea to me. If someone owed me money and unexpectedly only paid half I'd be livid. And if I owed somebody something like $250, and only had half on hand I’d figure out how to raise the rest PDQ, especially if I sold books with regularity.

I didn't agree to the half refund. That's all he sent then told me he would pay me the other half plus return shipping in less than a week. The 1/2 refund was made on the 20th. Since he only sent 1/2 I told him okay and hope to see payment in a few days. No word since then. I only agreed to half because that's all he sent. I can't force him to refund the full payment when he only sent half.

He stated he is a well respected member on here and had many dealings with ga items and people will vouch for him and his shipping. This was all in talks about how he didn't adequately protect the comics for shipping.

I assume you paid via PayPal. I would grab their contact info there and send them an EMAIL saying hey just thought I would let you know that I am discussing this on the boards since you haven't refunded me like you said you would.

This often lights a fire under their .

I assume you paid via PayPal. I would grab their contact info there and send them an EMAIL saying hey just thought I would let you know that I am discussing this on the boards since you haven't refunded me like you said you would.

Thanks. Did that and hope to hear back from him. I think the paypal account is under his gf's name.

Thanks. Did that and hope to hear back from him. I think the paypal account is under his gf's name.

Books were poorly packed?

Books were poorly packed?

2 comics wrapped loosely in bubble wrap then put into a 1092-O priority box and just a small amount of brown shipping paper. Comics moved around freely and box was crushed and bent and the comics were all bent in half.

Edited by John91C

Just post their name so everyone can update their personal lists. :taptaptap:

It's beyond me that after all the talk on here that people still pack their stuff sheitty. (shrug)

It takes no effort to be lazy.

It's beyond me that after all the talk on here that people still pack their stuff sheitty. (shrug)

I don´t know about that, some people go well out of their way to be especially lazy.

I don't know if this is where I discuss and ask questions of when to put on PL.

Here's the scenario:

Purchased 2 comics on 5/24 (paid that day)

Arrived 6/1 DAMAGED in shipping, I provided photos of damaged box and comics

Seller agreed to refund

Item sent back 6/16 due to member being out of town due to a family emergency

Returned Item received on 6/18

Seller refunded 1/2 the money on 6/20 and said he would send the rest of the money in 1 week by either paypal or by check.

I have not received nor heard from the seller since 6/20. He has not checked his messages as well.

Does the 30 day period start from 6/20 or from the original sell date?

Got a resolution! Received a Western Union Money Order in today's mail. No other forms of communication.

Here's the scenario:

Seller agreed to refund

Seller refunded 1/2 the money on 6/20 and said he would send the rest of the money in 1 week by either paypal or by check.

I have not received nor heard from the seller since 6/20. He has not checked his messages as well.

Got a resolution! Received a Western Union Money Order in today's mail. No other forms of communication.

lot of family emergencies in that transaction. glad you got your full refund

Edited by paperheart

Here's the scenario:

Seller agreed to refund

I've been having an issue with the same seller. In my case he never mailed what was purchased. I'm sad about this because he seemed like a really nice guy. No communication since 6/14 when he said he was back and would be mailing the comics that week.

Since John got his refund, I'm going to wait another week and see if he steps up, before naming him. At this point, I'd prefer a refund since I only bought the comics to help him, but I'd take either.

Since my PMs remain unread and I got no response from the emails I sent either, I'm posting here in hopes that he at least reads this thread.

I'm fairly easy going, but if there is a problem then you really need to communicate.

I'm not Saturn Girl.

Isn't that the truth. (thumbs u

Here's the scenario:

Seller agreed to refund

I've been having an issue with the same seller. In my case he never mailed what was purchased. I'm sad about this because he seemed like a really nice guy. No communication since 6/14 when he said he was back and would be mailing the comics that week.

Since John got his refund, I'm going to wait another week and see if he steps up, before naming him. At this point, I'd prefer a refund since I only bought the comics to help him, but I'd take either.

Since my PMs remain unread and I got no response from the emails I sent either, I'm posting here in hopes that he at least reads this thread.

I'm fairly easy going, but if there is a problem then you really need to communicate.

I'm not Saturn Girl.

What?! Since when?

Why can't people handle the following: You buy something, you pay promptly; you sell something; you ship promptly. You only have to be mildly conscious to complete a transaction properly.

END RANT

People always use "life" as an excuse. Even though there are some people on here who are truly busy all the time. If you can find the time to post and sell books, knowing it's going to take you forever to ship them because you don't have time...don't post and sell books. Know your limitations.

When I sell, it's mainly on Ebay. The non paying bidders and people who take forever to pay got so bad I had to turn on the unpaid item assistant.

Why can't people handle the following: You buy something, you pay promptly; you sell something; you securely ship promptly. You only have to be mildly conscious to complete a transaction properly.

END RANT

fixed it for ya :banana:

Edited by John91C