• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Infinity Gauntlet (War, Crusade, Thanos Quest) Appreciation Thread

1,122 posts in this topic

Is it me or is Silver Surfer #44 heating up more than usual?

Yes it is. 1st Infinity Gauntlet appearance is becoming big.

I would have also thought SS34 would also be heating up a bit too, but for now it's not. (shrug)

As SS 44 overheats SS34/35 and the Marvel Age previews will see a increase in value as well. Think of it as a bleed over value.

Picked up a set of Infinity Abyss. Anybody read this? Thoughts?

I'm biased because I love all Starlin/Infinity stories, but......it was my 2nd to least favorite ("The End" was definitely my least favorite).

If you're a Thanos fan then it's definitely worth reading, otherwise I can't say it's a very strong series.

Okay, so being 40 years old, I have never read Infinity Gauntlet nor had any interest in the Cosmic heroes in the slightest but in the last month or so I have decided to give it a shot. It's the one area of the Marvel Universe that I felt I didn't know like the back of my hand.

Last week I bought the IG trade and read it in one night. I enjoyed it but was expecting something more and to be totally blown away. Perhaps I had to experience it at the time it came out to really get how important to the Marvel Mythos it was/is.

So I forged ahead and last night read Infinity War, which I thought was absolutely brilliant. Magus as the villain, the Doom/Kang combo, making the Infinity Gauntlet have power again, Thanos being the "secret keeper" of the infinity stone. I just felt that it was a better story, and not just the slugfest that IG seemed to be.

Ryan pointed out this thread to me this afternoon, and have already read all 107 pages. I don't know how long my Thanos / Warlock "phase" will last (I have the worst collecting AD+D of all time) but for now I'm all in.

Jim

Okay, so being 40 years old, I have never read Infinity Gauntlet nor had any interest in the Cosmic heroes in the slightest but in the last month or so I have decided to give it a shot. It's the one area of the Marvel Universe that I felt I didn't know like the back of my hand.

Last week I bought the IG trade and read it in one night. I enjoyed it but was expecting something more and to be totally blown away. Perhaps I had to experience it at the time it came out to really get how important to the Marvel Mythos it was/is.

So I forged ahead and last night read Infinity War, which I thought was absolutely brilliant. Magus as the villain, the Doom/Kang combo, making the Infinity Gauntlet have power again, Thanos being the "secret keeper" of the infinity stone. I just felt that it was a better story, and not just the slugfest that IG seemed to be.

Ryan pointed out this thread to me this afternoon, and have already read all 107 pages. I don't know how long my Thanos / Warlock "phase" will last (I have the worst collecting AD+D of all time) but for now I'm all in.

Jim

Does the trade include Thanos Quest?

Jim

No it doesn't....so TQ #1-2 are my top priorities at a show this weekend.

Jim

Jim

Jim

TQ#1-2 are a continuation of Silver Surfer #34-38, I'd read those first before TQ.

There is a trade that has them all, can preview it here: https://www.scribd.com/book/249976719/Silver-Surfer-The-Rebirth-of-Thanos

Jim

Jim

TQ#1-2 are a continuation of Silver Surfer #34-38, I'd read those first before TQ.

There is a trade that has them all, can preview it here: https://www.scribd.com/book/249976719/Silver-Surfer-The-Rebirth-of-Thanos

I'm all set...a guy was blowing out his omnibi today at the show for $60, so I picked up the Infinity Gauntlet on and 34-38 plus TQ #1-2 are both in there. :cloud9:

Jim

Bumping this thread with good reason! I've been patiently waiting for a minty set of the Thanos Quest books for many years now and finally found my dream pair of raw books! Tiny bit of wear on the #1 but I'll take it! :headbang:

5CE25A6C-02B7-42D9-84D8-9ACDAF6C26ED_zpsjdowxk07.jpg