• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

mybanner4better_zpsc8ccec03.jpg
Banner is a cool short run (I only have the Capt. Courageous issue 6 (when it changed it's title). Your no.4 looks better than assigned grade. Don't you just love those scenarios?

Thanks, I think it's nicer than the grade too. I almost had a 6 in 7.0 but my computer tweaked & I missed it. I wonder why the run starts at #3? Does anyone have some insight on this?

Edited by Robot Man

This 8 year old thread has just exploded recently. Is Ace the next big thing?

Ace has always been a thing for people "in the know". I have quietly accumulated them for years. Kind of like Schomburg Nedors. When all the attention was on his Timely work, I was snatching as many as I could of his WWII Nedor covers. Sure glad I did. Luckily, I'm pretty complete on most of the Nedors I want and am getting close on Ace. Our Flag #5 is one that has been real hard and I probably will just have to get lucky on. Same thing with some of the Four Favorites. Ace is a great publisher and a bit of a challenge.

:bump:

Time to bumb this thread Halloween style! One of my favorite stories and covers of the run, so i'm sharing both, enjoy! Warning: Politically incorrect 'height' references, but hey, it was the golden age.

Super-Mystery%20Comics%20v5%202_zpspleanjat.jpg

Shared these in the Crime and Halloween forums recently, but wanted to :bump: one of my favorite threads. They belong here to show case more than just the super hero stuff that's shown on this thread.

Beyond%2020_zpspjckkkzg.jpg

Crime%20Must%20Pay%20The%20Penalty%201%2033-A_zpsprtxm9mi.jpg

Beyond%2027_zpslprrulok.jpg

Hap%20Hazard%20Comics%204_zpsmo0nbvcn.jpg

Super-Mystery%20Comics%20v8%206_zpsm1ucj1bw.jpg

Can't resist: Only one hero cover :D

Super-Mystery%20Comics%20v2%206_zpsof3f8cro.jpg

Shared these in the Crime and Halloween forums recently, but wanted to :bump: one of my favorite threads. They belong here to show case more than just the super hero stuff that's shown on this thread.

Beyond%2020_zpspjckkkzg.jpg

Crime%20Must%20Pay%20The%20Penalty%201%2033-A_zpsprtxm9mi.jpg

Beyond%2027_zpslprrulok.jpg

Hap%20Hazard%20Comics%204_zpsmo0nbvcn.jpg

Super-Mystery%20Comics%20v8%206_zpsm1ucj1bw.jpg

Can't resist: Only one hero cover :D

Super-Mystery%20Comics%20v2%206_zpsof3f8cro.jpg

Just when I think I have it all, I see something I've never seen. Love the Super Mystery with the mummy cover! Super Mystery is such a great title from beginning to end.

Thanks RM ! That's the final issue in the run ( which I'm sure you're aware of ). You pointed out a while back that Four Favorites seem to get more love, but for my bang for buck I feel Super-Mystery has far more cooler covers over all.