• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

Well Dan I pushed it pretty hard and even I was surprised when I typed in $800 (more surprised when it wasnt enough :insane:) - think I musta been pre-4th post-1st drinking lol.

Congrats on the sale.

Edited by jbud73

Well after 300 it was just me and another bidder, I'm going to assume he now has his copy. I think in my mind I was comfortable in the 500 range and the last bid was just a, 'ok Im not losing this for 50 bucks. The fact that the other bidder was in the same mindset caused the bidding war and Dan reaped the rewards of that. :applause:

Just a perfect storm, as I did not pick up a piece of art at the last round of auctions and had some $$ to commit.

Edited by jbud73

:o Wow great sale.

Yeah, truly! A record, Canickus? When will the rest of the run catch up :baiting:

Yes, a record. FlyingDonut's book was a nice looking book. $300 to $600 has been the range for nice copies for a long time but really nice copies like FDs book trade so infrequently it is hard to pin down. GPA only has the one listing in 2008 for the one 9.0 that sold for $355. There are more variant collectors now than seven years ago so the price is "in the range" as far as I can tell. It is still one of the keys to the series.

Yeah, truly! A record, Canickus? When will the rest of the run catch up :baiting:

Yes, a record. FlyingDonut's book was a nice looking book. $300 to $600 has been the range for nice copies for a long time but really nice copies like FDs book trade so infrequently it is hard to pin down. GPA only has the one listing in 2008 for the one 9.0 that sold for $355. There are more variant collectors now than seven years ago so the price is "in the range" as far as I can tell. It is still one of the keys to the series.

I sold mine privately earlier this year for about $1600.

Found this Sgt. Fury 35¢ variant that languished on eBay for a week before I plucked it earlier this year. I paid $2, did I overpay?

sgtfury142-35centvariant-foundFriday2-20-2015_zpsgv8pvvsu.jpg

Yes you overpaid. I will cut your losses in half by paying you a buck for it.

I sold mine privately earlier this year for about $1600.

Good to know and makes this sale seem even more "in the range."