• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

I was at that same show. I was asking for a band b 28 and a showcase 22 as well.

I'm new to this site but If anyone has a raw or graded copy between a 1.0 and a 2.5 I'm interested. One person at the Edmonton show had a raw 1.5 and was asking 3k for it. That's outrageous. It's a pricey book but it's not at that level. I don't think he really wanted to sell.

Dennis asks high prices for his keys and eventually gets them. A few years ago (2010ish?) he moved a 1.5 or 1.8 restored Adventure #247 for $1000 that had been sitting for a bit. :screwy:

I guess if you're patient it works out. I'm a patient buyer too and has worked pretty good for me on second level tier of key books (like first appearances of major villains). I'm now moving into the realm of big keys haha. I was just frustrated on his reasoning though. He prices based on ebay prices now vs recent sales. I told him I could list an ASM #4 for $1,000 in 3.0 condition, doesn't mean that's market price. Oh well. Sucks since this is one I want for my collecction for life, not to sell.

Did you have a booth there? Were you the guy who was working on deals for Showcase 22?

I guess if you're patient it works out. I'm a patient buyer too and has worked pretty good for me on second level tier of key books (like first appearances of major villains). I'm now moving into the realm of big keys haha. I was just frustrated on his reasoning though. He prices based on ebay prices now vs recent sales. I told him I could list an ASM #4 for $1,000 in 3.0 condition, doesn't mean that's market price. Oh well. Sucks since this is one I want for my collecction for life, not to sell.

Did you have a booth there? Were you the guy who was working on deals for Showcase 22?

I was set up and I think I know who you were. You were there with a friend, right? I am the one that had another B&B #28 on the way.

I like the way you think man, WTTB!!

Deals can be had, just need to look and be patient as you said!

I'd offer you one, but i literally can't hold lower grade copies, so many people have asked me for one

Joey

I was set up and I think I know who you were. You were there with a friend, right? I am the one that had another B&B #28 on the way.

I was with my uncle actually, I don't remember talking to someone that had one coming in. Could be someone else. Are you looking to sell? Or is it for your collection?

I like the way you think man, WTTB!!

Deals can be had, just need to look and be patient as you said!

I'd offer you one, but i literally can't hold lower grade copies, so many people have asked me for one

Joey

For sure, totally understandable. Lower grades are affordable for more collectors thus high in demand. The best feeling is to find that target grade for the right price. I've found my detective 225 today actually thanks to these boards! Just need to get the invoice from the seller and I'm good to go. Patience paid off on this one too, but can't' bee overly patient with a rare book like this. Definitely a grail of mine.

I am curious to see how the movies impact values going forward. It would be nice to see all sub 6.0 grades hit the $2K per point range. :wishluck:

Edited by kimik

It is kind of funny looking at how much prices have jumped for the DC SA keys over the past 5 years. This 5.0 copy of B&B #28 set me back a whopping $956 with the BP on March 7, 2010.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-brave-and-the-bold-28-justice-league-of-america-dc-1960-cgc-vg-fn-50-off-white-pages/a/110031-11097.s

I wish I still had it now....... :sorry: