• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
21 21

4,776 posts in this topic

It's quite amusing that Oct-Nov 1972 featured Hitler covers, especially as Sgt Fury 103 has him on the cover but not the original issue - any possible reason? Was Hitler nostalgia hot in 1972?

Further proof of Wes' (electricprune's) awesomeness.

Also, the first and only slabbed copy of Rawhide Kid #105. It was a roll of the dice from eBay that turned out pretty well.

Z41U3U.jpg

vmGM4q.jpg

45BLr3.jpg

Great additions Barton.

Wow, how much did the MTA 6 run you? That's a nice book and very HTF in NM or higher.

I'll say so. There's only a single slabbed copy in the census above a 9.0, a lone 9.4. It's also got cool new cover art.

The copy I bought off the rack is typical for this issue: it has several color-breaking stress lines along the spine, from where the book was pawed in the spinner rack by comic geeks looking for first-run material to buy over a reprint. I think that's why some of the reprint comics are among the hardest picture frames to find in nice shape - they tended to sit on the spinner racks much longer and get rougher treatment than the fast sellers with new material.

Wow, how much did the MTA 6 run you? That's a nice book and very HTF in NM or higher.

It was cheap, $5. But I don't think it's a 9.4. It has about 4 hairline stress marks on the spine that are hard to see in the scan.

As you and Bob well know, it's a beast to find a really sweet copy. But I keep trying...

DATRnz.jpgPhjzBf.jpg