• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

So if there's no change in creative team, the storyline is supposedly picking up where it left off and she's not coming to the 616 (according to that article), why start over at #1 again? Why not just continue on with issue #6? (shrug)

Yeah this whole period of Marvel confuses me to no end. The Spider-Gwen series was new and at issue #5 when it stopped and now the headlines are Spider-Gwen in a new series. It already was a new series. This is just a #1 money grab IMO.

Looks like Gwen's here to stay after Secret Wars with the same creative team. WOOHOO!! #TeamSlippers

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/latour-rodriguez-to-stick-with-spider-gwen-following-secret-wars

I'm actually disappointed by that news. The story has been solid, but the artwork isn't my cup of tea. Largely the coloring seems off.

Snicker...

Yeah...The coloring is off.

Great news.

This character keeps rolling.

EOSV #2 is going to be a generations Hulk #181

Spider-Gwen #1-5 are going to be that fan bases Wolverine mini series.

Sought after for decades.

That's a mighty big comparison!

Absolutely.

Why straddle the fence if you have an opinion....

Go all in or go home! Love it! :cool:

So if there's no change in creative team, the storyline is supposedly picking up where it left off and she's not coming to the 616 (according to that article), why start over at #1 again? Why not just continue on with issue #6? (shrug)

Yeah this whole period of Marvel confuses me to no end. The Spider-Gwen series was new and at issue #5 when it stopped and now the headlines are Spider-Gwen in a new series. It already was a new series. This is just a #1 money grab IMO.

20+ variants the first time around. Whats the over/under for the new #1?

Infinite variants + continuity within the #1 variants!!

Never thought a character could be oversaturated more than Deadpool but Spider-Gwen may be taking the lead.

+1

Seeing a Spider-Gwen Variant on every Secret Wars books is just mind numbing. It makes me want to dislike the character out of annoyance.

And I'm sure you'll be plugging your Phantom Variant in 3...2...1...

I'm taking con season off for Phantom.

but 3,2,1...

I'd be a fool to ignore Marvel relaunch in October...

You guys don't see value.

I do.

I'm taking con season off for Phantom.

but 3,2,1...

I'd be a fool to ignore Marvel relaunch in October...

You guys don't see value.

I do.

There's nothing wrong with that, I suppose (thumbs u

Image days all over again. Multiple variants. Only a small run then restart #1 again. I guess the people at Marvel liked those days. I guess it makes money for them. But for how long? This sort of thing is what put me off those comics in the 90s.

They just started this comic. I was looking forward to Spider-Gwen returning from Secret Wars similar to how Spider-Man did with the black suit. I didn't think they would restart again. I thought the Secret Wars would be a whole singular universe. I'll wait to see how this all works but it doesn't sound like Secret Wars is doing what I thought and what many assumed it was going to do.

Latour said, “The main focus of our first arc is on Gwen Stacy’s continuing adventures within her own universe (Earth 65), it’s pretty essential to who this Gwen Stacy is to have her own supporting cast and villains and problems.” He also said that Gwen will continue to criss-cross between worlds, noting, “bouncing over to the 616 now and then is something we’re eager to explore too.”

Read More: Spider-Gwen Is Coming Back (And So Is The Marvel Multiverse) | http://comicsalliance.com/spider-gwen-return-marvel-multiverse/?trackback=tsmclip

Latour said, “The main focus of our first arc is on Gwen Stacy’s continuing adventures within her own universe (Earth 65), it’s pretty essential to who this Gwen Stacy is to have her own supporting cast and villains and problems.” He also said that Gwen will continue to criss-cross between worlds, noting, “bouncing over to the 616 now and then is something we’re eager to explore too.”

Read More: Spider-Gwen Is Coming Back (And So Is The Marvel Multiverse) | http://comicsalliance.com/spider-gwen-return-marvel-multiverse/?trackback=tsmclip

Thought this was a reboot to clean up all the multi-verses. lol Marvel still the same.

I was just looking at how many phantom ASM 300 versions there and this clip came to mind.

I was just looking at how many phantom ASM 300 versions there and this clip came to mind.

The sad part is is that's exactly what they ended up doing with the Simpsons.