• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

This comic has reached celebrity status on the boards here. It is talked about constantly.

Yeah, sure, just like the Elephant Man used to be.

Everytime I see that Spider Roach comic it puts a big smile on my face. I still don't think I would want to buy it, but..... if you're going to own a bad Stan signature, this is the one to own.

I love that book. It is like my Sadfan book - it went from awful, to infamous to star status.

The

MARVEL Momoa poster signature has to go down in history as one of the best....FTR/FTW!

Yes. That was aggressive.

Obviously signatures are meaningful, even more if you managed to met the artist/creator, but they should be on the book. :shrug:

But to me they truly make sense in the insides, where you can choose a place where the artwork is not altered or covered. Comics are not posters. :)

I did get Stan the Man to sign my ASM121 which came back graded 5.0 SS series.

A Star Wars 42 (First comic Boba Fett) went for almost $700 in the comiclink auction. Are these slow trickling or is the demand that high? I know this is not an uncommon book...

With books like New Mutants #98 going for big money, it's not surprising that Star Wars #42 with fewer copies graded, 11 years older than NM #98, and the first comic Boba Fett and first comic Yoda should be giving Deadpool a run for his money... so to speak. lol

With the Star Wars books back at Marvel, the key issues from the original run are set to become even bigger keys.

First Boba Fett would be big.

First Yoda would be big.

Star Wars #42 is both... with Boba on the cover.

Super win. :headbang:

Deadpool who? :kidaround:

You would think SW 2 would have better legs being first appearance of Han & Chewie

Agree about Star Wars 2. It should be taking off shortly.

Star Wars 41 is the first appearence of Yoda, in the final panel. 42 is still underrated though.

Knee-jerk reaction...

DRAWING ON THE SLAB (which I know it's not): (thumbs u

DRAWING ON THE BOOK: :(

I mean, if you wanted a signed sketch of those characters, Trimpe was often readily available up until his passing. Why deface the book when you could have a nice signed SS copy AND a clean, separate sketch to go with it?

On the other hand, it's not a high-grade copy, and I can easily see why a big Trimpe fan might very much cherish it...

I agree with this. Better to have a small sketch on its own. (thumbs u

Why would anyone be a sucker? There's something very intimate about someone's signature of their name. My mom just passed away in March, and every time I come across her writing on something, especially her signature, her life feels a little more real to me again. There's just something about her writing. It's just so...personal. It's clear evidence of her existence, very specific to her movements and thoughts when she was alive.

These artists hold a lot of meaning to fans. Having a copy of their (mass-produced) book is special in itself for the art that it is. But having their personal sig and/or sketch is something altogether different and again....personal....to add to one's collection.

(thumbs u

Agree how is something signed by the artist/writer take away value from a mass produced piece of paper! To each his own......