• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Hot Wheels 1977/1980 - Anybody collect these?

68 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I had these when I was a kid, and have loved them ever since.

I believe the blue cards are from 1977 and the yellow cards from 1980.

I'm trying to collect both sets (on unpunched cards).

I'm not a hot wheels collector, I'm a comic book fiend, so I'd love to learn more about them. I'd also love to see pics of your

vintage Marvel hot wheels (especially the multi-packs sold in K-Mart).

Thanks.

Tim

r1zb7p.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I'm not a hot wheels collector, I'm a comic book fiend, so I'd love to learn more about them. I'd also love to see pics of your

Thanks.

Tim

r1zb7p.jpg

these are beautiful!

Ive close to 500 hot wheels in blister packs,but nothing like this!lovely

Hi Everyone,

Thanks.

Tim

r1zb7p.jpg

these are beautiful!

Ive close to 500 hot wheels in blister packs,but nothing like this!lovely

Thanks! In addition to the Cap, there's one for Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Thor and Human Torch and Thing. I know of at least one variant (in addition to a blue and yellow card for each).

My uncle is an executive with Mattel toys and has a pretty awesome collection. He send me stuff from time to time with things he will think I'd like.

Cool. Tell him they are doing a great job. I search for these on eBay, so I see all the newer Marvel Hot wheels stuff they're putting out and it's really nice.

I bought one of these a few years ago for my nephew. When I came across it unopened in his garage a couple of years later, I bought it from him for $10.

Think it was in 2004, but they were made in 2002.

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/moeEgtEYCTbI_Bq_7g29n0g.jpg

Edited by shadroch

I bought one of these a few years ago for my nephew. When I came across it unopened in his garage a couple of years later, I bought it from him for $10.

Think it was in 2004, but they were made in 2002.

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/moeEgtEYCTbI_Bq_7g29n0g.jpg

That's what I call a multi-pack! Nice.

I want to see!

Are you aware of the mga enterprises Marvel Authentic?Steel cars,with a mini comic included.There were four in the series AF15 ,ToS 39,Hulk 181 and GSXM 1.....I found a bunch in a Walmart discontinued bin,opened an extra....the comic only has four or five pages and then you go to a site to read the rest.that sucked.2007 i believe.

I want to see!

Are you aware of the mga enterprises Marvel Authentic?Steel cars,with a mini comic included.There were four in the series AF15 ,ToS 39,Hulk 181 and GSXM 1.....I found a bunch in a Walmart discontinued bin,opened an extra....the comic only has four or five pages and then you go to a site to read the rest.that sucked.2007 i believe.

Yep, I bought Wolverine and an X-Men Authentics when they were on clearance, and I think I have them somewhere. Didn't like the Iron Man car at all and I think the ASM was sold out. I thought there were more than 4, but that's probably because there *seemed* like there should be more.

Yes,seems like there should have been many more.

Spidey was sold out for me as well...I had to ask an aunt in the US to pick one up for me.So,I have the set,but my Amazing Fantasy is all English on the package and the rest are in both English and French...really bugs me lol

Edited by porcupine48

I want to see!

lol You can buy a loose one on ebay for a couple bucks. It is pretty cool.

I haven't heard of the Marvel Authentic cars. I'll have to check them out.

Here's a fun set. The Blue card Hulk, Yellow card Hulk, and an error version where they forgot to apply the Hulk decal. There is a decal on the other side.

282ko6w.jpg

:o

Wow...so sweet!

Ill have to get you some picks of my HotWheels walll..not many hero cars,but still neat...I focused on fantasy cars only,and select few fave muscle cars.

If my PC ever cooperates

!