• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

Nice!

I don't have a scan handy of mine... I'm curious how the cut compares (curator, 9.4) because that's pretty damn good.

rob - looks like yours has a little more white but is pretty darn sweet all the same.

www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=24947

(and if link doesn't work the just google "daredevil 94 curator" and link will pop up)

Sweet copy Mike!!

Bet it feels pretty good crossing that one off the list - CONGRATS MY MAN!!

Thx Eric! Nice to see you haven't forgotten your DD brethren now that you have completed your run. ;-)

Nice!

I don't have a scan handy of mine... I'm curious how the cut compares (curator, 9.4) because that's pretty damn good.

rob - looks like yours has a little more white but is pretty darn sweet all the same.

www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=24947

(and if link doesn't work the just google "daredevil 94 curator" and link will pop up)

Ah, thanks! Now i do have a scan. I didn't realize those books were still out there, since they're not linked from the site any more. I should go through everything I've won there to make sure I have the backups.

That's actually a lot more white than I'm happy with, but the pedigree makes up for it.

Yes, it's real. It's from Daredevil #120, written by Tony Isabella and drawn by Bob Brown. It was during the time Black Widow had become a mainstay in the title, although after the two characters were sharing the marquee.

For some context, the pages preceding the panel in question are all pretty serious, basically about Widow sick of being seen as a plus-one instead of her own identity, and the following panel has the inner-monologue of Matt talking about how he was screwing with her to try and lighten her spirits.

Discussion

Yes, it's real. It's from Daredevil #120, written by Tony Isabella and drawn by Bob Brown. It was during the time Black Widow had become a mainstay in the title, although after the two characters were sharing the marquee.

For some context, the pages preceding the panel in question are all pretty serious, basically about Widow sick of being seen as a plus-one instead of her own identity, and the following panel has the inner-monologue of Matt talking about how he was screwing with her to try and lighten her spirits.

Discussion

cool-- thanks for the link too

*sigh* One step forward, one step sideways. I had two voldemort books (65 and 69) that I had graded by CGC. Both went in at 9.4. Only the 65 came out as 9.4... the 69 came in at 9.2.

:frustrated:

There was nothing I could see that would bring the book down. It looks like there are some pressable defects, based on the grader's notes, but... man, I thought I was done with this book.

If you thought the book was a 9.4 Rob, I am sure it's a sweet looking copy. Besides the immediate sense of loss, you need to say to yourself that you are in possession of a nice high grade copy.

It's a really nice copy, for sure. I'm happy to have it, I just feel like I got caught in the jaws of CGC's current harsh grading.

If you thought the book was a 9.4 Rob, I am sure it's a sweet looking copy. Besides the immediate sense of loss, you need to say to yourself that you are in possession of a nice high grade copy.

It's a really nice copy, for sure. I'm happy to have it, I just feel like I got caught in the jaws of CGC's current harsh grading.

In my opinion, CGC treats certain flaws harsher than others. If you are talking about DD 69, that's a hard copy to find higher than 9.2. I can't recall the last time I have seen a 9.4 or greater. I am sure I have copies that are 8.5/9.0/9.2 but since I haven't seen better for the money elsewhere, I've held on to them.

Yes but it hasn't arrived, what about you? How far away are you from your complete set?

With four 9.2 placeholders (7,69,72 and Annual 3) I just need 1,55, 86, and 122. MintyMint was just able to sell me his #66 9.4 :headbang:

I'm 5 books away from a run from 1-77, but I stalled out ages ago and haven't picked up anything new lately. Working on up to 200-something, not sure where yet.

Which five? I'm always curious about what books people are missing.

I'm probably going to start looking at the books from 158-200 now. I've been waiting, since I wanted to finish the pre-Miller run first, but there's not much buying opportunity so I might as well work on the Miller stuff. I want to do that, finish Born Again and then figure out if I want to complete 200-300. If I did that I'd probably just end up buying runs and submitting them myself, because waiting for those books to show up at auction or for sale would take forever.

I have about 50 or so left. I'm so jealous.

You need to send pictures when you get them all.

For sure. I need to do some organization of my collection so I might be able to do some prelim shots (10-50 or something) since that's a nice solid run.