• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,067 posts in this topic

Got this in the mail today:

Thrilling_Wonder_1948_12_zps7q6ubtp0.jpg

Not only does it have an amazing cover, stories include "A Child is Crying" by John D. MacDonald, "Knock" by Fredric Brown, and "The Off Season" (one of the Martian Chronicles) by Ray Bradbury. Not to mention half a dozen Virgil Finlay illustrations. Very happy to add this one to the collection.

Thanks Eric - as Doc says, it looks even better in hand.

This is another SDCC pickup, nothing special I know, but it's a first for me - this is #8 (last issue), now to hunt for #1 - #7.

It's got a short Bradbury story, an index for all eight issues, and a review of 1984 by Robert Bloch. Pretty cool stuff:

3e93f112-7910-48ea-9da0-143bb14cfe4b_zpszaico2ib.jpg

Many thanks to Hap Hazard for helping to facilitate this purchase at SDCC:

4a80ea92-f84c-4ea2-98a1-f67bb45b2f29_zpskzodwkuw.jpg

That is a helluva weird cover...and a Lovecraft story as well....nice find (thumbs u

I should post up some pics of the pulps I have.I have a small handful, if that, of 1930's and '40's pulps.Maybe 50 from the 50's and 125-150 from the 60's and I'd guess 50 from the 70's.Most of which I picked up off eBay in 2 separate lots from the same seller, with shipping factored in each pulp costs me about fifty cents .This was about 2 years ago, and I JUST last week finished reading through the bulk of the them....now, THAT is the best damn possible bang for your buck in pure entertainment value :o

Just goes to show that you can still find some good deals on eBay, if you dig long enough and focus on big lots.

Edit:

In preemptive defense of what might appear to be a poor reading comprehension level, I should note that I normally dig through a 100+ page pulp in one sitting lol

Edited by CopperAgeKids

SPICY MYSTERY just arrived today. It was a bit of a gamble, and it wasn't exactly a bargain, but I could not pass up this rare, early Saunders cover (and sixth issue).

IMG_4552_zps174a9itw.jpg

I only own four Saunders cover pulps, but they are a nice representation of his work. The NEW MYSTERY ADVENTURE is a tough book to find!

IMG_4549_zpsewhuscel.jpg

MYSTADVENjune1936_zps4ac960e4.jpeg

I only own four Saunders cover pulps, but they are a nice representation of his work. The NEW MYSTERY ADVENTURE is a tough book to find!

IMG_4549_zpsewhuscel.jpg

Goodness gracious - super sweet quad, Ryan! :applause:

SPICY MYSTERY just arrived today. It was a bit of a gamble, and it wasn't exactly a bargain, but I could not pass up this rare, early Saunders cover (and sixth issue).

IMG_4552_zps174a9itw.jpg

IMG_4549_zpsewhuscel.jpg

MYSTADVENjune1936_zps4ac960e4.jpeg

Man, that Spicy is great! One of the best ones in the series and very hard to get at any price...