• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

Kevin Fiege Reveals Where The ANT-MAN Post-Credits Scene Comes From

One of the details that ame out of the recent press screenings is that the film features two credits tags- one in the middle of the credits and one at the very end. Ever since we learned this, fans have been heavily speculating as to what we could see in these tags. Well, we now have a better idea, as Marvel Studios president Kevin Fiege has just revealed the origin of the tag!

In an interview with io9, Fiege discussed the nature of the scenes. Acoording to him, the credits roll, and there's a first post-credits scene. Then the credits conclude, and there's a scene after that. Fiege discussed this with io9, and let slip a crucial detial. 'I was watching Civil War dailies and said 'Whoa, that could be the tag.' And according to io9, it is- the post-credits scene for Ant-Man will be our first look at Captain America: Civil War, similair to how the post-credits scene for Captain America: The First Avenger showcased footage from The Avengers.

Now that's a cool poster!

Is that an official poster or fan-made one?

I wish they would use this for the the official poster instead of the Iron Man-clone one. I understand positive association and riding coat tails, but I think this movie needs to celebrate the difference.

Now that's a cool poster!

Is that an official poster or fan-made one?

I wish they would use this for the the official poster instead of the Iron Man-clone one. I understand positive association and riding coat tails, but I think this movie needs to celebrate the difference.

It's a Mondo Comic-Con exclusive.

James Gunn Says ANT-MAN May Just Be His Favorite Marvel Movie Since IRON MAN

"Ant-Man may just be my favorite Marvel film since Jon Favreau's Iron Man (well, maybe excluding one film to which I'm partial). Honestly, the movie is a complete blast! I was so happy after seeing it. It's never boring for a second and it's hilarious and warm throughout. It doesn't get caught up in the webbing of its own science-fiction concept like so many movies do these days, remaining simple and elegant. It's a part of the Marvel universe without being ruled by that fact. Paul Rudd is nuanced and charming and funny and is a surprisingly natural fit as a modern superhero (side-fact - Paul must be a nice guy, because he and I dated the same girl in college, and yet I still love him).

"Michael Peña KILLS IT - this movie is going to make him a huge star. My old pal Judy Greer (she was Deadly Girl to my Minute Man in The Specials (film) many moons ago) is great in a small role. And Michael Douglas is awesome. I think all of Peyton Reed's years directing have led him to making something as deft and nimble and joyous as this; he did an incredible job. And, despite Edgar Wright's parting from Marvel, his spirit is felt through the entire project, and there is no doubt everyone owes him a huge debt of gratitude. I left the theater incredibly happy. So often I see movies by people I love which are just okay - it's great to love a movie as much as I love the people who made it."

James Gunn Says ANT-MAN May Just Be His Favorite Marvel Movie Since IRON MAN

"Ant-Man may just be my favorite Marvel film since Jon Favreau's Iron Man (well, maybe excluding one film to which I'm partial). Honestly, the movie is a complete blast! I was so happy after seeing it. It's never boring for a second and it's hilarious and warm throughout. It doesn't get caught up in the webbing of its own science-fiction concept like so many movies do these days, remaining simple and elegant. It's a part of the Marvel universe without being ruled by that fact. Paul Rudd is nuanced and charming and funny and is a surprisingly natural fit as a modern superhero (side-fact - Paul must be a nice guy, because he and I dated the same girl in college, and yet I still love him).

"Michael Peña KILLS IT - this movie is going to make him a huge star. My old pal Judy Greer (she was Deadly Girl to my Minute Man in The Specials (film) many moons ago) is great in a small role. And Michael Douglas is awesome. I think all of Peyton Reed's years directing have led him to making something as deft and nimble and joyous as this; he did an incredible job. And, despite Edgar Wright's parting from Marvel, his spirit is felt through the entire project, and there is no doubt everyone owes him a huge debt of gratitude. I left the theater incredibly happy. So often I see movies by people I love which are just okay - it's great to love a movie as much as I love the people who made it."

:applause:

BOX OFFICE: Early Tracking Indicates That ANT-MAN Will Be Yet Another Hit For Marvel

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ant-Man is tracking to open with as much as $65 million at the North American box office on July 17th. That would be a big win for the movie, especially as tracking two weeks ago was nearer the $55 million - $60 million range. As you can see from the Tweet below, it could potentially go even higher than that depending on the reviews and early word of mouth. Guardians of the Galaxy far exceeded expectations in 2014, so there's really no reason why Ant-Man can't and won't do the same.