• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat.
8 8

1,120 posts in this topic

As always,three cheers for Gorgo!

Well then here from my collection are more Gorgo comics for which you can cheer!

Gorgo2.jpg

09-05-201375713PM_zps21a374ee.jpg

09-05-201375721PM_zps8436e693.jpg

09-05-201375739PM_zps71bc7568.jpg

Gorgo14.jpg

Gorgo15.jpg

Gorgo17Bethlehem.jpg

09-05-201375743PM_zps7bdbed25.jpg

09-05-201375748PM_zps1cb9d24c.jpg

09-05-201375755PM_zps9a137578.jpg

09-05-201375800PM_zps81b0a5f2.jpg

ReturnofGorgo3.jpg

:cool:

The Adventures of the Fly #29 is just.....I love it,just love it.I need a copy now!Wow.

Hep..do you have any of the digest sized Superhero books?

Duffman,when I find my Jaguar origin under copy it is yours....

Love the new glassware shots,and thank you for the drinksation of the nation info!!

If ever you come across an affordable Baxter Dairy bottle in the wild,please think of me,as that is my surname.

The Adventures of the Fly #29 is just.....I love it,just love it.I need a copy now!Wow.

Porc, if you are referring to "Adventures of the Jaguar" #1, I've already got a serviceable copy.

If you meant the "Origin of the Black Hood" in Archie's Superhero Digest #2 - I'm listening . . .

Hep,do you have any of the Canadian Editions of Planet Comics?there are four issues. ???

I have none of either. At some point I could be tempted by the DC superhero digests even though they came out well after my time. Many of them look pretty cool.

:)

Love the new glassware shots,and thank you for the drinksation of the nation info!!

Here are a couple of close-up shots I took of the Snort bottle:

15350dca-b8f2-46d4-b77c-f715858a28ef_zps9vzyr5z9.jpgbb4a13db-2e87-4d5d-b039-37a1ae0bd4f2_zpsjklykk7s.jpg

If ever you come across an affordable Baxter Dairy bottle in the wild,please think of me,as that is my surname.

Here are close-ups of my two Baxter's bottles, a quarter-pint and a half-pint:

7fbfe3cb-1579-427e-9013-05936989123a_zpsn495dbxt.jpg

37f06cce-d474-4bf8-83e8-052b25dd6601_zpsqglpfkh3.jpg

From lovely Goderich, Ontario! Note the cool three digit phone number 104 on the quarter pint. I have bottles that feature a phone number with only two digits!

Check with these fellows:

Bytown Antique and Bottle Club

They probably put on an annual bottle and glassware show in your area. I'm guessing that a Baxter's quart or pint bottle should be available for $20-$25. The smaller sizes like I've pictured are both scarcer and more desirable so fetch somewhat higher prices.

Edited by Hepcat

Lovely Whitman Fiction House books, Hepcat.

I have a preference for his "technical" books (Planets, Jet Aces etc) over the Jungle books which (to my eye) are pretty much GGA on replay.

With many of the covers, I keep seeing a strong Eisner influence, specifically in the faces and some of the (feminine) poses.

Is it just me, or is there a chance he had something to do with them (inking, layout, whatever)?

GCD, of course, denies my assertions, but still . . .

Porc, if you are referring to "Adventures of the Jaguar" #1, I've already got a serviceable copy.

If you meant the "Origin of the Black Hood" in Archie's Superhero Digest #2 - I'm listening . . .

Sorry,my mistake,i did mean digest 2.I have two beat copies,when I come across them a pm will be sent. :foryou: low grade,but complete.

Here are a couple of close-up shots I took of the Snort bottle:

15350dca-b8f2-46d4-b77c-f715858a28ef_zps9vzyr5z9.jpgbb4a13db-2e87-4d5d-b039-37a1ae0bd4f2_zpsjklykk7s.jpg

Here are close-ups of my two Baxter's bottles, a quarter-pint and a half-pint:

7fbfe3cb-1579-427e-9013-05936989123a_zpsn495dbxt.jpg

37f06cce-d474-4bf8-83e8-052b25dd6601_zpsqglpfkh3.jpg

From lovely Goderich, Ontario! Note the cool three digit phone number 104 on the quarter pint. I have bottles that feature a phone number with only two digits!

Check with these fellows:

Bytown Antique and Bottle Club

They probably put on an annual bottle and glassware show in your area. I'm guessing that a Baxter's quart or pint bottle should be available for $20-$25. The smaller sizes like I've pictured are both scarcer and more desirable so fetch somewhat higher prices.

Very cool!

I really like everything!

I do have many doubles of some soda bottles,found last summer in a blubox :cloud9: so I shall go to the show to try and work a trade.Also have an extra a/w mug or two.

A few years ago I came across a plastic Baxter Dairy crate..and was extra pleased to find it held LPs!!! :whee: photos one day,the PC has been tempermental for some time now.

How is Scout and his older pals!

We want Ace and Cowboy and all!

Was your Holiday pleasant!? :foryou:

Lovely Whitman Fiction House books, Hepcat.

With many of the covers, I keep seeing a strong Eisner influence, specifically in the faces and some of the (feminine) poses.

Hmmmmm. I can't really say. What I have noted about Maurice Whitman's women is that their faces look feral! That's how I recognize his style.

From lovely Goderich, Ontario! Note the cool three digit phone number 104 on the quarter pint.

I just noticed that my Andrew Dairy half-pint chocolate milk bottle features the same 104 phone number!

dafb6ee4-3ec2-4dd2-907d-0637bcf27c5e_zps0ch8aqac.jpg

76d69e5c-c059-4917-b633-d612f2468e29_zpscfcxthy6.jpg

I suspect that Andrew Dairy must have been the successor to Baxter's Dairy.

How is Scout and his older pals!

We want Ace and Cowboy and all!

Here's Scout battling old Uncle Ace for his bed in the kitchen:

DSCN3677_zpskcfarmlt.jpg

And here she is trying to horn in on The MAN's breakfast last Saturday after leaping from the scratching post onto his shoulder:

3ee328c1-cb20-4927-b17e-4b1e78f31b8b_zpswdsvlplt.jpg

b144fd55-3961-4de2-908b-a14e96093ee9_zpsangvtioa.jpg

Edited by Hepcat

Also have an extra a/w mug or two.

The ones with the old logo may very well have some collector value:

AampW%20Mug_zpsmnid4o8q.jpg

That's so weird.

I just pulled a baby one of these out of storage last week because a friend wanted to do shots and I didn't have anything else that would work.

My oldest brother gave it to me. He said it was a fad at the time to put them in the back window of your car.

I'll put up a pic later. I think it's the same logo.

The ones with the old logo may very well have some collector value:

AampW%20Mug_zpsmnid4o8q.jpg

That's so weird.

I just pulled a baby one of these out of storage last week because a friend wanted to do shots and I didn't have anything else that would work.

My oldest brother gave it to me. He said it was a fad at the time to put them in the back window of your car.

That's because they were usually stolen.

I still have the two my father brought back from a fishing trip in 1962(?). He didn't obtain them through proper channels though. He bought them.

;)

A&W root beer is really good. It's better than either Hires or Barq's. And in a frosty refrigerated mug it can't be beat!

Frosty_Root_Beer_Mug_fullsize.jpg

:cloud9:

Edited by Hepcat