• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

I hit a few random tag sales and antique shops over the weekend. Nothing earth-shattering in terms of finds, but some neat comic stuff at good prices.

First, I found these at a tag sale for $8 total. I've never read Preacher before and don't know too much about the title, but recognize from these boards that it has some fans. Two of the books reprint issues 1-17, the third a bunch of miniseries and one-shots, I believe. Crumb is Crumb, of course:

4827C1B1-55B1-48B0-95A6-EE9B4C367770_zps0bpkgakg.jpg

Then, I found these at a vintage shop all bagged up and selling for $1 apiece, except for the NM 1 which was $4. Average grade is probably 9.4. I was trying to find pricing on the promotional drug issues in Overstreet but didn't have any luck...

1A22851D-4E21-4B74-AAF2-D70E665D78B9_zpsew2jlcf8.jpg

Last, I came across these at a used book store amid a couple stacks of seriously random stuff. The Marvels are all first prints and are in beautiful shape - I've never read the series and had actually been looking at buying the TPB because Alex Ross is just so good. The X-Men is close to NM. Total on these was $14.

Marvels_zpstelnnzqv.jpg

Fun books for the price!

I was trying to find pricing on the promotional drug issues in Overstreet but didn't have any luck...

The Keebler drug issue is in the promotional section at the beginning, I don't recognize the orange one.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=229981

Orange is the IBM version.

Thanks for the info. Looks like based on market value, I essentially paid full retail or more for those promotional drug issues... lol

Have you ever found anything in the pocket of a jacket or pair of pants at a yard sale/thrift store? A guy at work was explaining to me that ALL of the rumors I've ever heard about people finding wads of cash or other valuable items in the pockets of clothing are absolutely true... He is a fan of the "white elephant" sales at churches for this reason.

I've only found buttons and religious pamphlets in the pockets of clothing at these places. Have you had better luck?

Another successful pick! Local guy responded to my ad. Just thought I would share and maybe get some insight on a few things.

LITTLE BIG LOT - I know nothing about these but the price was right and I didn't want to them to deteriorate further, so I picked them up. I will do some research but if anyone has info now, much appreciated.

little%20big_zpsh0t7njtg.jpg

There were also these things that came with bubble gum...Putting them beside a Little Big Book for reference...Just thought they were neat. They were a throw in.

bubblegum_zpszpiliqrg.jpg

MARVEL ILLUSTRATED & DC DIGEST LOT - Again, I don't know much about them but price was right and I wanted to 'save' them.

marvel%20illustrated%20lot_zpsocsxmmz7.jpg

SMALL MISC. MAGAZINE LOT

magazine%20lot_zpsl3ietfxg.jpg

EPIC ILLUSTRATED LOT - Two issues of #1. Love this mag.

epic%20lot_zpstpaq6hcp.jpg

SILVER/BRONZE/COPPER LOT - The guy had more books but not in bag and boards and these were the ones I *had* to save.

comic%20lot%201_zpsretkqjn2.jpg

Today was a good day. Thanks for looking and any info on the Little Big Books and Marvel Illustrated and DC Digests or whatever they are called would be appreciated.

Have you ever found anything in the pocket of a jacket or pair of pants at a yard sale/thrift store? A guy at work was explaining to me that ALL of the rumors I've ever heard about people finding wads of cash or other valuable items in the pockets of clothing are absolutely true... He is a fan of the "white elephant" sales at churches for this reason.

I've only found buttons and religious pamphlets in the pockets of clothing at these places. Have you had better luck?

I have found cash in old books before...

Another successful pick! Local guy responded to my ad. Just thought I would share and maybe get some insight on a few things.

LITTLE BIG LOT - I know nothing about these but the price was right and I didn't want to them to deteriorate further, so I picked them up. I will do some research but if anyone has info now, much appreciated.

There were also these things that came with bubble gum...Putting them beside a Little Big Book for reference...Just thought they were neat. They were a throw in.

MARVEL ILLUSTRATED & DC DIGEST LOT - Again, I don't know much about them but price was right and I wanted to 'save' them.

SMALL MISC. MAGAZINE LOT

SILVER/BRONZE/COPPER LOT - The guy had more books but not in bag and boards and these were the ones I *had* to save.

Today was a good day. Thanks for looking and any info on the Little Big Books and Marvel Illustrated and DC Digests or whatever they are called would be appreciated.

wow --- those are nice - congrats

Here is today's local find. Came with no bag or board. Has nice white pages, clean staples, but some soil and water damage on the front. Also a tear along the top spine.

Should clean up very well with a press.

CIMG3998_zpsm7a5bsbn.jpg

Centerfold looks good also. Nice and glossy

CIMG3989censored_zpsnuuqnhfh.jpg

Here's the Sherlock Holmes story

CIMG3990_zpsuvytvxdd.jpg

Page 3 variant

CIMG3996_zpsp5nzwapm.jpg

Edited by Rip

SMALL MISC. MAGAZINE LOT

There is a Little Big Book section at the front of Over street,and the digests should be listed as well

I had that Grimms as a little boy,if you are getting rid of it lmk....fond memories.Donald Duck,if I recal has a flip image story...wore my old copy out!.

I'm in Ottawa....was find close to here?very nice score!

Here is today's local find. Came with no bag or board. Has nice white pages, clean staples, but some soil and water damage on the front. Also a tear along the top spine.

Should clean up very well with a press.

CIMG3998_zpsm7a5bsbn.jpg

Centerfold looks good also. Nice and glossy

CIMG3989censored_zpsnuuqnhfh.jpg

Here's the Sherlock Holmes story

CIMG3990_zpsuvytvxdd.jpg

Page 3 variant

CIMG3996_zpsp5nzwapm.jpg

Awsome score, Playboy #1! I've seen a lot in "the wild" but never a #1 in any shape. Congrats!

It's been a good week for me for buying comics. First up, I picked up these comics from a seller on Facebook all for $1.00 each:

Zach%20Pinon%20Purchase%201%20from%20Facebook_zpsauhsvrde.jpg

The ASM 129 is the Lion's Gate reprint and the ASM #529 is a 1st print in great shape. There's also Avengers #402 (last issue) and V2 #1; Gambit #1; Marc Spector, Moon Knight #59: Marvel Milestone: Hulk #1 (anybody recognize the signature?) and Eternal Warrior #4 (1st Bloodhot).

Then within the past couple of days I bought a longbox full of comics from a local guy through a Facebook ad. They were 99% Marvel and included these runs:

Excalibur 1-41, Special 1

New Mutants 94-97

Silver Surfer 51-56

Wolverine 2-46

X-Factor 1-80 (no 6)

X-Force 1-10

X-Men 259-289 (no 266)

X-Men V2 1-9

A little over 250 comics in all for $100. The guy had already taken the box to an LCS who of course took the Wolverine #1, X-Factor #6 and X-Men #266 but all of the rest of the good ones were still in there - Silver Surfer 55,56; Wolverine 10; X-Factor 5,15,19,23 and 24; 5 copies of X-Force 1, 2 copies of X-Force 2, 8; X-Men 268,282,283 and X-Men V2 #4,5.

Then yesterday I went to a BOGO sale at a local Vintage Stock store. They had some new $1 long boxes on the floor so I only went through those. Here's what I grabbed:

th_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%207-2-15%201_zpss7suhioo.jpgth_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%207-2-15%202_zpsjyijw8s3.jpgth_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%207-2-15%203_zpsevzljagp.jpgth_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%207-2-15%204_zps93odc8ak.jpg

th_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%207-2-15%205_zpstlbk9noc.jpgth_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%207-2-15%206_zpsinpkndfk.jpgth_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%207-2-15%207_zpsuh5tguad.jpgth_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%207-2-15%208_zpsf4qxnttj.jpg

Yep - in that 1st pic is Civil War 1-7 in NM/NM+. They had them for sale as a set for $9.95. :o I couldn't grab them fast enough. :banana:

Other highlights are Hulk #270, Infinity Gauntlet 2,5,6; Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (1st print); Wolverine 80; Flash 1 (2006); Static #1; Superman, Man of Steel 17 (2nd printing); Batman and Robin #1 (New 52); Batman, The Dark Knight #1 (New 52); Superman/Wonder Woman #1 (New 52); Static Shock #1-6 (New 52).

So a great buying week overall. And I still have the weekend left. (thumbs u

SMALL MISC. MAGAZINE LOT

There is a Little Big Book section at the front of Over street,and the digests should be listed as well

I had that Grimms as a little boy,if you are getting rid of it lmk....fond memories.Donald Duck,if I recal has a flip image story...wore my old copy out!.

I'm in Ottawa....was find close to here?very nice score!

Yeah, I went to Overstreet found some info and yes, once I catalogue will be selling.

I'm in North Bay.

Have you ever found anything in the pocket of a jacket or pair of pants at a yard sale/thrift store?

No, but I did find a big stack of old hockey cards stuffed in a hand-me-down jacket I got as a kid. One of my mother's friends or one of my relatives gave it to her.

Funny thing is, I never wore the jacket (it sucked) and it wasn't until years later I was cleaning out my closet, decided to toss it, and then discovered it had 3-4 pockets just crammed with hockey cards.No idea why I didn't notice them before, but I think I hid that ugly thing pretty quick. :insane:

They were a mix of 69-70, 70-71 and 71-72 cards, and I got Bobby Orr, Tony and Phil Espo, Rod Gilbert, Bobby Clark (2nd), Gordie Howe, some checklists, and even a Darryl Sittler RC (I know that for sure as he's a big Leaf fan) along with a pile of semi-stars and commons. No Guy LaFleur, Ken Dryden or Marcel Dionne RCs, unfortunately.

Gave them all to my Dad, who collects cards and he still has them.

Look at the upper right.

The reprint has more of a rectangle black shape. The original looks more square.

The original always has some white space above the square.

I'll have to double check on the 2013/14 reprint.

Edited by Rip