• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warren Ellis- Stormwatch/The Authority

175 posts in this topic

Coming up in the CL auction.

RAD9A704201549_94416.jpg

I love that cover. I wish I had about a kazillion or so dollars laying around here. lol

+1

+2

I might have to actually keep an eye on this one & potentially dip into my "am I buying a Silver age key or another VW?" fund if it stays even close to $1k.

Edited by Doktor

Coming up in the CL auction.

RAD9A704201549_94416.jpg

I love that cover. I wish I had about a kazillion or so dollars laying around here. lol

+1

+2

I might have to actually keep an eye on this one & potentially dip into my "am I buying a Silver age key or another VW?" fund if it stays even close to $1k.

Tough to say what it will sell for. I have a sense of what it's worth realistically, but with that cover someone might not be realistic :insane:

I will bid on it up to a point, for sure.

I hate all of you for driving up the price of OA far beyond what I could ever reasonably afford.

Jerks.

lol The only thing I'm driving the price up on right now is a handful of Silver/Bronze age Daredevils. Give me a few months and I'll get busy driving up the price on other things...

I did not get the 1st 9.8 SS. The book had some tape residue schmutz on it when it really graded it. My crack team did the best they could on it, but it is 9.6 SS.

So FAIL, but still a great book for me.

I hate all of you for driving up the price of OA far beyond what I could ever reasonably afford.

Jerks.

I have a handful of pieces of Wildstorm OA but nothing from Authority/Stormwatch.

Have the cover of Wildcats Nemesis 5, a prelim cover from Grifter/Midnighter 1, and page 18A of Wildcats Nemesis #5 page 18B (the one that actually had Jack Marlowe before he was taken out of the story) and a couple other Wildcats/Grifter pieces. One of these days, I'll find a piece of Hitch Authority at a relatively affordable price.

Sigh, the hunt continues. I've gotten back into trying to score a Stormwatch #37 9.8 (in addition to the new goal of trying to put together a CGC 9.6+ run of all the Ellis Stormwatch stuff.)

My first batch of submissions from this quest just came back. Which grades am I disappointed by?

Stormwatch 37 9.4

Stormwatch 37 9.6

Stormwatch 37 9.4

Stormwatch 47 9.8

Stormwatch 48 9.8

Stormwatch 49 9.6

Stormwatch v2 #2 9.6

Stormwatch v2 #4 9.8 (I got this one on my first try 1:1 highest graded)

Stormwatch v2 #6 9.8

Stormwatch v2 #8 9.6

Stormwatch v2 #10 9.8

The census for Stormwatch 37 is now...

9.8 1

9.6 2 (+1 SS)

9.4 5

I've graded both 9.6s and 3 (3!) of the 9.4s.

hm

I'm going to send some stuff to CGC at the end of January. I believe I have around 8-12 copies ? Or so of #37. I'll see if I can find a 9.8 in that bunch. I'm guessing probably not but we'll give it a whirl and see where the best of the bunch lands. (thumbs u

I've got a standing offer of $200 for a 9.8 #37 if you come away with 2 9.8s. I should offer more as I've already spent that much in buying/grading the 5 other copies. to be fair, I got the grades I kind of expected on all the books, including the #37s. I was hoping to land on the luck side and didn't, on any of them. Oh well.

I've got another #4 ready to go that's a sure 9.8 as well, so at some point I'll have one to sell which ought to be interesting.