• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,970 posts in this topic

Anyone know if the CGC Coupon is still 15 day turnaround like the site says.

I see they have gotten rid of them (since I just renewed).

I have books that have been sitting as "verified" for 14 days

my last coupon was verified 3-24-15, scheduled 4-13-15, and shipped out 4-15-15...once it was scheduled, they worked them quick....about 5 weeks door to door...

Modern Slow Track, 19 books

Rec'd 3/23

Verified 4/23

Scheduled for grading 4/30

Graded 6/2

Quality Control 6/22

Shipped 6/24

Economy Slow Track, 3 books

Rec'd 3/23

Verified 5/21

Scheduled for grading 6/3

Graded 6/8

Quality Control 6/24

Anyone know if the CGC Coupon is still 15 day turnaround like the site says.

I see they have gotten rid of them (since I just renewed).

I have books that have been sitting as "verified" for 14 days

I submitted my coupon books at Denver Comic Con on 5/23...

received 6/3

verified 6/15

scheduled 6/19

Graded 6/23

QC 6/26

Edited by zupaphly

Modern Slow Track, 19 books

Rec'd 3/23

Verified 4/23

Scheduled for grading 4/30

Graded 6/2

Quality Control 6/22

Shipped 6/24

Economy Slow Track, 3 books

Rec'd 3/23

Verified 5/21

Scheduled for grading 6/3

Graded 6/8

Quality Control 6/24

Shipped 6/29

That's all I have for now. In about 2 weeks I'll have a new batch of books in the pipe. I can't wait to get home and get those 19 books that are out for delivery today. I beat my record for oldest book that I submitted that got a 9.8 with Firestorm 3 (First Killer Frost) from 1978 :grin: I found it at an LCS with old new stock books that had been untouched all those years.

New subs--they should get to me about 1 week past my estimated 7-1-15 return date....Should be about 3 months and 3 weeks door to door....

--slow value--17 comics....rec'd 3-23-15...verified 5-21-15..sceduled 6-4-15...graded 6-10-15...QC 6-23-15.....shipped 6-29-15.....

--slow economy--5 comics...rec'd 3-23-15...verified 5-21-15..sceduled 6-4-15...graded 6-8-15.....QC 6-24-15......shipped 6-30-15....

-----Now I can send them another shipment and start all over again...Doesn't seem like they are posting as many grader notes as in the past...

coupon

shipped and received 5/26/2015

graded then stuck at QC going 2 weeks now.

hopefully it ships this week.

shipped 7/3/2015

Edited by benz

Some things I've heard have confused me on the coupon, so I figured this would be the place to ask. I know they did away with the coupons, but have heard that for renewals CGC has still given coupons. Was that just a short window if you were fortunate enough to re-up right after the announcement, or is that really something that still applies to a renewal? I'm guessing the former, and I have no plans to re-up without the coupons. Thanks!

1st sub:

Standard Modern (5 books)

Dropped off at C2E2 4/25

Received 5/4

Verified 6/29

Based on what others have posted for timeframes between Verified and Grading/Shipping, I'm guessing this will unfortunately go well past the current 55 business-day turnaround.

Some things I've heard have confused me on the coupon, so I figured this would be the place to ask. I know they did away with the coupons, but have heard that for renewals CGC has still given coupons. Was that just a short window if you were fortunate enough to re-up right after the announcement, or is that really something that still applies to a renewal? I'm guessing the former, and I have no plans to re-up without the coupons. Thanks!

I got the coupon. But my membership was set to renew automatically on the day of the announcement.

1st sub:

Standard Modern (5 books)

Dropped off at C2E2 4/25

Received 5/4

Verified 6/29

Based on what others have posted for timeframes between Verified and Grading/Shipping, I'm guessing this will unfortunately go well past the current 55 business-day turnaround.

Yeah 55 days is a pipe dream. It's just getting worse every week it seems :frustrated: