• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,834 posts in this topic

Back at it. Here's a very early one. It's got a tear from the bottom, but I'm just happy to own a copy, TERRIFIC COMICS #3:

33o2vyt.jpg

And here's LB's other cover in the run, the #6:

v4xr9g.jpg

Love the early big signature he used.

I think I've posted at least 1 of these before, but what the hell. TARGET WESTERN ROMANCES is a tough 2 issue run, the 2nd being tougher:

# 106:

nfg0vt.jpg

#107, Cole really went nuts on the wood grain on this one:

1zy9cwp.jpg

Looks like I skipped Vol 9 #8:

35hqxhz.jpg

Vol 9, #12 - One of the most classic Cole covers EVER!!!

282nfjr.jpg

Vol. 10 #2 is a killer cover! The wrinkles are because of the bag...

302xguh.jpg

Vol 10 #3, last issue and one of the oddest you'll see:

107m13c.jpg

#107, Cole really went nuts on the wood grain on this one:

1zy9cwp.jpg

Good wood on that one.

Ok, this'll be a major change. Here's one of LB Cole's earlies and most famous run of covers. I am missing some of them, but I'll post what I've got so far. I actually need to scan the #9 and #10. I'm looking for a decent #5, #11 is just a pain, and #12's seem to pop up and not be too insane $. Here ya go... SUSPENSE COMICS!

This is likely the toughest of the run, the #4. Maybe even more scarce than the #3, people just don't let that cover go. I was happy just to find this one.

v7uq6h.jpg

I have 2 #6's, but the other one is really just a filler. It'll get put up for sale soon, I really dig this copy. Love this cover too:

28cj045.jpg

Finally the covers get a logo that doesn't take up the top 30% of the cover! No backround, but the image is pretty damn cool:

4zyv0w.jpg

And finally, here a book that needs no intro...... The #8:

t888c8.jpg

I have 2 more issues, just not scaned. I'll fix that soon.

UPDATE!!!!

This is en rte:

337-0315-061a.jpg

Cool series! Even though one 'ahem' particular issue gets most of the limelight, there were some other knockout covers on the run thanks to Mr. Cole.

Here's a recent purchase. There haven't been many as extra $$ is tight at the moment (and I picked up a few other non-GA items). This one's mostly a filler copy, but the price was right:

$_57.JPG

Edited by pmpknface