• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,882 posts in this topic

I received this copy in the mail today.

It is not the signed and numbered version but it will do for now.

Mycomicshop.com states that the regular edition was limited to 1500 copies. The signed/numbered edition has a limited run of 1000 copies.

The inside front cover of this copy has a place for a signature and number out of a 1000 but as mentioned is not signed nor numbered.

Can anyone verify if the UNsigned and UNnumbered version should have this or did all copies (signed & unsigned) have the same information printed on the interior front page? The other 3 volumes have the same information for regular versus signed editions (blanks for signature and number). This is probably the same situation but I would like to be sure.

I guess I am trying to verify if I have a regular edition or an example of the signed edition that was never signed (backstock?).

1_zpskdxbgsqm.jpg

Thanks!

If I remember right they are pretty much one in the same. I think there was only one print run of 2,500 and he signed the first 1,000 which would have left the remaining identical except for the signature 1,500 books.

I drove about an hour south of where I work, which is already about a 30 minute drive south of where I live, just to go to a comic book store yesterday. I got there and didn't think much of the place until I started digging through all the indie books. They had nearly everything....Planet comics #1, Vanguard Illustrated #2, Mr. Monster (which is nearly perfect and will be sent off for grading soon), Crossfire (same with this one!), the Quest books, both World of Wood books, and more. I didn't get them for a song, probably about $5 a piece but I couldn't pass them up. I never see that many Stevens books out in the wild anymore! In all there are only about 4 that are worth grading but if even one of those comes back 9.8 I feel like it was a worthy investment!

I drove about an hour south of where I work, which is already about a 30 minute drive south of where I live, just to go to a comic book store yesterday. I got there and didn't think much of the place until I started digging through all the indie books. They had nearly everything....Planet comics #1, Vanguard Illustrated #2, Mr. Monster (which is nearly perfect and will be sent off for grading soon), Crossfire (same with this one!), the Quest books, both World of Wood books, and more. I didn't get them for a song, probably about $5 a piece but I couldn't pass them up. I never see that many Stevens books out in the wild anymore! In all there are only about 4 that are worth grading but if even one of those comes back 9.8 I feel like it was a worthy investment!

Excellent. Good to know there are still some nice copies out in the wild. :applause:

I thought the Planet was 9.8 as well until I got it home and started rebagging everything. Perfect until I got to the back cover which was, I don't know, used as a napkin or something. It was covered in something, I have no idea what. :cry:

So I have two copies of Alter Ego #43 which has a Dave Stevens cover and both are 9.8. I usually only keep one slabbed copy of books and there are quite a few I still don't have. If anyone wants to trade me another Stevens 9.8 that I don't have for it shoot me a PM!

If I don't hear anything in the next day or so it will go in my sales thread :thumbsup:

So I have two copies of Alter Ego #43 which has a Dave Stevens cover and both are 9.8. I usually only keep one slabbed copy of books and there are quite a few I still don't have. If anyone wants to trade me another Stevens 9.8 that I don't have for it shoot me a PM!

If I don't hear anything in the next day or so it will go in my sales thread :thumbsup:

Is that the Iger cover?

FYI, it has a new home :)

Odd thing about this book. All those Alter Ego books have flip covers and apparently the indicia is on the Stevens side because that is the front of both slabs, but when you pull this book up to look at it on the Twomorrow website it displays the other side of the book. Freaky.